Subsequent playthrough strategy

Denis1903

So I made a couple of errors in my first playthrough, not least forgetting to pick up the letter from the Angel for Divine Gratitude ?‍♂️ which if I understand correctly means that I have to play through all the sidequests again in my hard playthrough which will complicate Dressed to the Nines and I’ll have to do two extra playthroughs of 8 and 9. Is this correct? My reading of it is that Aerith's dress is based on number of sidequests done, which will invalidate Divine Gratitude.  

Would this strategy work for my hard playthrough:

- play through chapters 1-7 with appropriate choice for Tifa Kimono

- play chapter 8 with 3 side quests for Aerith pink dress

- play chapter 9 with sidequests for Cloud white/black dress

- then replay chapters 8 and 9 completing all sidequests, earning no new dresses but meeting requirements for divine gratitude

- complete the game, including all sidequests in chapter 14

After that I just replay 3, 8 and 9 with no sidequests to get the 3rd dress for each?

Second question, is it worth replaying chapter 17 before my hard playthrough to get to the Shinra VR and earn Gottdamerung?

Or alternatively should I just playthrough Chapter 14 as quickly as possible to get Divine Gratitude before doing my hard one?

Edited by Denis1903

Regarding the Gottdamerung, honestly, I found the fury rings more useful.  I used them for the entire hard playthrough, right up until the final fights.  Don't get me wrong, the gottdamerung is great and all, but the consistent damage of the fury rings were more than enough for me.  You can get 3 by replaying chapter 14 I believe and just running into the mansion and opening the chest, then save and restart the chapter to get another.

As for your gameplan, that sounds like it will probably be the best way to get what you need. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denis1903 said:

Second question, is it worth replaying chapter 17 before my hard playthrough to get to the Shinra VR and earn Gottdamerung?

Having Limit available in every fight kinda trivialises the most of the game. I have completed a couple of chapters without it to get more SP and then went to chapter 17. 

1 hour ago, Denis1903 said:

Or alternatively should I just playthrough Chapter 14 as quickly as possible to get Divine Gratitude before doing my hard one?

I would do that. It takes less time then replaying 8,9 and 14 again.

• Like 1