How to avoid hackers in online mode?

Bilal

Don't worry about hackers because if it has been a while since you reached rank 50 then they won't be able to make your trophies look cheated when they randomly unlock rank 100 for you. However you don't have "Run Like The Wind" so that might be a problem if they give you a bounty and you survive it. 

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Don't worry about hackers because if it has been a while since you reached rank 50 then they won't be able to make your trophies look cheated when they randomly unlock rank 100 for you. However you don't have "Run Like The Wind" so that might be a problem if they give you a bounty and you survive it. 

Yea, nevertheless I want to grind the levels by myself. 

• Like 1

You also need to be careful because I was hacked to level 4000 something stupid, yet no trophies popped. I had to contact Rockstar to roll back my account so that I could attempt the trophies. If you load the game up in single player first, you can launch an invite only or solo session from the pause menu. Just be careful it doesn’t kick you into a random server after you complete a job. 

I've spent quite a lot of time playing GTA Online recently and from what I've noticed, I'd avoid spending any time in public sessions as that's where hackers seem to be most prevalent. As mentioned above, you can instead create an invite only session from single player or the creator which you'll be able to use to launch jobs from.

I didn't notice any hackers in the jobs themselves and I played daily with random players for almost a month, but with how prevalent they are on the platform it's definitely worth keeping an eye out. The issue is, it's unfortunately pretty difficult to tell who the hackers are at this point because so many players have encountered them that the majority of people you'll play with have modded ranks even though they probably aren't hackers themselves. In a worst case scenario and you do encounter a hacker, you should be able to close the game before it saves to the server as it takes a moment, or failing that you should contact Rockstar Support who can reset your rank to what it was previously.