Can't enter the game with SC character

maniek515

Hey, here's my problem. I have lvl52 character and I've been doing some farming. After quitting the game I had a blackscreen with game logo on the bottom right. I waited for a while but it didn't seem to go away so I killed the app and restert it. Then I found out my character is gone. After few attempts I managed to make a new one and the old one (lvl52) reappeared. Hell yeah, I'm all good! 

NO, I'M NOT

Now I can't join the game with this character. I'm getting "character is already in the game" or "can't connect to the server, check you internet connection" popup. If I start a fresh sc char and I try to join the game, I get infinite blackscreen. HC characters however work without issues. 

Is there any solution to this situation, preferably the one which doesn't mean losing all progress with my original character? 

It's the typical awful Blizzard game launch, pretty sure all you can do is wait until they fix it eventually. I had the same problem earlier today but guess it's still going on. All the data seems to be saved but not showing up in the character screen all the time, I saw my characters 4 levels below what it should have been when i quit my session but it updated after a while.

Edited by AvariceInc

28 minutes ago, AvariceInc said:

It's the typical awful Blizzard game launch, pretty sure all you can do is wait until they fix it eventually. I had the same problem earlier today but guess it's still going on. All the data seems to be saved but not showing up in the character screen all the time, I saw my characters 4 levels below what it should have been when i quit my session but it updated after a while.

You mean you also couldn't see characters in the menu and after they came back you couldn't join the game with any of them and it sorted out on its own? Because I'm currently unable to play any online softcore character at all. 

Yeah I had the same happen, it gave me the same 2 textboxes you mentioned on that character. I tried another character too and it gave a black screen instead when I tried to join a game. I haven't checked back in a few hours but these are server side issues so nothing we can really do about it.

21 minutes ago, AvariceInc said:

Yeah I had the same happen, it gave me the same 2 textboxes you mentioned on that character. I tried another character too and it gave a black screen instead when I tried to join a game. I haven't checked back in a few hours but these are server side issues so nothing we can really do about it.

That's some positive news here. I mean it's still some shameful shit how this game runs but at least I'm not worrying too much about losing progress. Thanks for info! 

I was also able to start a game up with a new HC character, but after quitting out to check if SC would allow me back in, I no longer can even get into a game with THAT character.

51 minutes ago, AvariceInc said:

Don't you just love it? So much for getting people back in....https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/diablo-ii-resurrected-developing-issues/6328/7

32 minutes ago, CorpusDelecti said:

I was also able to start a game up with a new HC character, but after quitting out to check if SC would allow me back in, I no longer can even get into a game with THAT character.

Don't you just love it? So much for getting people back in....https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/diablo-ii-resurrected-developing-issues/6328/7

I just started the game to check on it and it's fixed. I can hop into the game with my main character. Give it a shot now.