Best Class for Hardcore

lurch_9944

On 30.9.2022 at 11:09 PM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

81...taking it slow, a little every day. The damage isn't as good as some other classes, but it's super safe with almost 4k health and all the stuns. Even when I run into a few unique packs together, my health is rarely going down under half. I found a semi-good way to deal with physical immune also...I put the Rattlecage and Guillaume's Face on the merc for 60% Crushing Blow. There is probably better stuff to use, but this is what I've found and it works well.

Yeah, I liked the Druid too...but used the wind build. Also pretty safe...

Yea take your time, I will do the same :) . I agree the singer barb's damage is not the greatest in hell, but it is very safe to play. Crushing blow on the merc is a good way to deal with your problem, if you are lucky enough to get a reapers toll give it to your merc and your the immune monsters issue will be history :) 

This is true wind druid is also very safe to play. I am working right now on a list with all viable hardcore characters that I will put online soon here. 

I will start my hardcore druid when the new ladder starts in a few days, but I still haven't decided yet if I should rather go with werebear or werewolf. Werebear is super tanky and unkillable but very slow in clearing areas, whereas werewolf can be a bit squishy sometimes due too low resistances and low defense, but his kill speed with fury and feral rage is pretty good for a melee character. 

Edited by Afura_33
  • Like 1

In one week I lost a lvl 85 Summon Necro and a lvl 75 Hammerdin...
I started playing with a Smiter and, despite being a fun character, not very viable for hardcore solo... I'm back to square on again.

I never played with a barbarian but people suggested that a Singer could be very safe to play. I might give it a try on that one!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5.10.2022 at 2:26 PM, Schmitt_Wylde said:

In one week I lost a lvl 85 Summon Necro and a lvl 75 Hammerdin...
I started playing with a Smiter and, despite being a fun character, not very viable for hardcore solo... I'm back to square on again.

I never played with a barbarian but people suggested that a Singer could be very safe to play. I might give it a try on that one!

Sorry to hear that, how did you lose your necro and hammerdin? I hope not due to a lag? 

Yes singer barb is very safe, but kinda slow in hell. Concentrate barb and shockwave werebear druid are the two most safest builds you can make for hardcore in my opinion, but both are not very fast^^

Edited by Afura_33

On 22/10/2022 at 8:56 AM, Afura_33 said:

Sorry to hear that, how did you lose your necro and hammerdin? I hope not due to a lag? 

Yes singer barb is very safe, but kinda slow in hell. Concentrate barb and shockwave werebear druid are the two most safest builds you can make for hardcore in my opinion, but both are not very fast^^

It was due to my own stupidity! lol

I got too greedy in areas I should have been more cautious. But lesson learned. My Javazon is currently lvl 86 and handling Hell pretty well. But i`ll try to beat hell with all classes first. That way I can find better items for everyone and later give a got with the class I feel more confortable.

22 minutes ago, Schmitt_Wylde said:

It was due to my own stupidity! lol

I got too greedy in areas I should have been more cautious. But lesson learned. My Javazon is currently lvl 86 and handling Hell pretty well. But i`ll try to beat hell with all classes first. That way I can find better items for everyone and later give a got with the class I feel more confortable.

Yea in most cases it is our own fault lol. 

Level 86 is good, where are you playing? singleplayer or online? 

On 23/10/2022 at 6:42 PM, Afura_33 said:

Yea in most cases it is our own fault lol. 

Level 86 is good, where are you playing? singleplayer or online? 

Single player, using /player command when I feel it's safe...

I mostly kill Shenk and that other unique close to him, over and over. Good source of xp right now. Later I'll try to do some baal runs, but I need better gear first.
Sometimes I do some Andy runs in hopes to get a SoJ or other good uniques... No luck on that so far!

1 hour ago, Schmitt_Wylde said:

Single player, using /player command when I feel it's safe...

I mostly kill Shenk and that other unique close to him, over and over. Good source of xp right now. Later I'll try to do some baal runs, but I need better gear first.
Sometimes I do some Andy runs in hopes to get a SoJ or other good uniques... No luck on that so far!

I see, most people are doing it in singeplayer, pker's and lags are probably the main reason for it. 

Yea shenk and eldritch, that's why I farmed most of the items to trade for the gear I need. 
Soj is pretty har to get, I found one at andy in nightmare and one at travincal in nightmare. 

34 minutes ago, Afura_33 said:

I see, most people are doing it in singeplayer, pker's and lags are probably the main reason for it. 

Yea shenk and eldritch, that's why I farmed most of the items to trade for the gear I need. 
Soj is pretty har to get, I found one at andy in nightmare and one at travincal in nightmare. 

Maybe I should give some Andy Nightmare runs more chances... I'm mostly doing hell runs on /players 5... I think Nightmare /players 8 could be pretty easy for me!

1 hour ago, Schmitt_Wylde said:

Maybe I should give some Andy Nightmare runs more chances... I'm mostly doing hell runs on /players 5... I think Nightmare /players 8 could be pretty easy for me!

Yea the chance of finding soj at andy in nightmare is much higher than in hell, since in nightmare andy can only drop 3 unique rings which are manald, nagel and soj. 

• Like 1