Assist Mode

MakotoKaCun

I notice this after i got most of the trophy. But this is really helpful when i m doing the DLC grind one which require to kill a number of Hiss(Type). 
You can active 
Assist Mode in the Option>Gameplay Menu.
This kinda make the game much much easy! Easy if you keep getting kill XD, But this will make it easy for Trophy farming.
But I do recommend playing it normally first. xD

Anyway Pls enjoy the game :) 

When I was doing the second stack to my make it easier for my second play-through I used assist mode because it was so much faster, it's certainly overpowered. It can glitch the game as well though, if you kill an enemy to quickly the game will crash but it only happened to me once. When I get a PS5 I'll be doing all the other stacks. Certainly a fun game 8/10.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

They added this after I got the platinum, but I noticed it there when Control came to PS+ and I went to play the DLCs. Assist mode is awesome for cleaning up some trophies (ie. grinding kills) or if you get stuck in a fight or whatever, but like OP said I would not recommend using it from the beginning. I know a couple people who played the entire game with assist mode and 1-hit kills in order to rush and get all the trophies as fast as possible, but they didn’t fully enjoy the experience because of it. 

This is a pretty unique game, with a cryptic story, very interesting environments, and a combat system that is actually pretty fun. And even when playing it normally it’s a very short game that won’t take more than a few days to 100%. Using assist mode from the very start would quickly turn this into a really boring slog imo.

• Like 1