There and Back Again Trophy Tip & Recommendation

cobaltTangerine

WARNING: Once you go to the prison, the point of no return after Chapter 14, you will need to replay the game on New Game + to open the areas again if you miss any map locations while working on the There and Back Again trophy.  Here is a good guide:

https://www.trueachievements.com/a216237/there-and-back-again-achievement

I recommend following this, filling out each map before you move onto the next. I'm currently at 71/72 locations and am replaying the game, opening up each area to get this one last trophy (actually I need the med kit and rage kill trophies but those are a breeze). Replaying the game is pretty tedious, especially after spending a few hours duplicating champagne bottles for the XP trophy. Following the guide is super easy and will save you several hours of replay and uncertainty in getting any remaining locations. I did all side quests and was pretty extensive with my exploration, but it is apparently easy to miss a few of these locations.

Edited by cobaltTangerine

You don't have to replay the game from the beginning if you missed some locations as there's a chapter select option. I didn't bother making a list of all the locations I had found. Instead, I just looked at the maps in this guide and went to the locations that had blank spots on my in-game map near them, selecting the chapters that started me out at the Resort, Moresby, and the Jungle. I found the rest I needed without too much trouble, but of course, this might not work for everyone. Worth a try though if you're only missing a handful of locations.

I finally got the last location. As is the case with a lot of people, it was in the southern most part of Moresby, the large town in the game. I honestly cannot remember if it was the right or left side of the map, but it was definitely at the bottom of the map. As Undead Wolf said, you can use chapter select, but your map will be blacked out, so it isn't possible to compare your map to the cleared maps included with most online guides. As I suggested, if possible, check out the guide I linked to and keep track of discovered locations before you move onto the next location. This is the only trophy I had any issue with. The co-op trophies, which I thought would be a hassle, were very easy to pick up early game doing the first few missions. Definitely some grind with the platinum trophy(xp and playing the first act as the other 3 characters). You can do the characters in about 45 mins once you learn the route and the xp grind from level 40-50 took a few hours duplicating champagne bottles.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/6/2023 at 10:03 PM, LeonStJohn said:

Old thread bump, but before I start this game need to know if there is a surefire way to make the Gas Station on Moresby to count twice for the trophy to not glitch? 

I'm stuck at 56/72 before going to prison, I've revisited every possible location and I'm sure the only location I need is the Gas Station, but I'm unable to make it count twice, is there any way I can do it to count twice?