Any red gem grinding spot in 5-2 or 5-3?

Razzee-P

The developers made a so poor work of designing red gems into this game that although I played on Easy and spent all my white gems on red gems alone, I can't buy the last four to get the trophy "High in Las Vegas". I tried to farm red gems at the start of the game but failed miserably, and farming white gems seemingly would take a lot of time, but I was on Easy so kept playing normally anyway. Is there any hope for this playthrough or starting a new one is the only solution now?

JmsW7Mf.jpg

• 1 year later...

Nah, the notorious and best red gem farming spot is in Act 2-1. 

You can farm all 80 there. Best done on your hard playthrough as max upgrades that early in the game will give you a significant edge and leave you spending your white gems on healing items only which you'll need for late game. You can farm all 80 in about 2 hours or so. 

High In Las Vegas doesn't actually pop until you spend all 80 gems which you can't do until the end of Act 2/beginning of Act 3 when you get the upgradable shotgun. 

Old post but since the hard trophy and High In Las Vegas are the last trophies you need, I figured I'd lend some encouragement since I just got this game done myself. You can do it!

• 6 months later...

Yeah Im about to finish this today and I can agree the design of red gems is insane. If you dont go out of your way to use certain spots to grind white gems you cannot get it even on easy. I never spent a single gem on anything but red gems and still wound up short on easy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

A bit late, but thanks for the encouragement.

The truth is, this game is always on the back of my mind.

I'm slowly finishing the very first games I played and got tracked by PSN with low trophy percentages.

The issue is that my PS Plus signature expires next month, which I won't renew, given the absurd prices. So I'm giving a priority to games that require it.

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2023 at 2:22 AM, mega-tallica said:

Nah, the notorious and best red gem farming spot is in Act 2-1. 

You can farm all 80 there. Best done on your hard playthrough as max upgrades that early in the game will give you a significant edge and leave you spending your white gems on healing items only which you'll need for late game. You can farm all 80 in about 2 hours or so. 

High In Las Vegas doesn't actually pop until you spend all 80 gems which you can't do until the end of Act 2/beginning of Act 3 when you get the upgradable shotgun. 

Old post but since the hard trophy and High In Las Vegas are the last trophies you need, I figured I'd lend some encouragement since I just got this game done myself. You can do it!

I know this is for the US stack, but I won't fill up the forum with a new topic.

Just wanted to confirm that this works on the current EU version as well, only reason I'm writing here is because it took me a couple of tries to get it working, but it does work, you just gotta be fast with jumping back to the door you came from.