Grind for kills tips

Lonemankane

I know I have not gotten to that part on this remaster but The alan wake remaster should be like the og 360 one of it as the kills that need to be farmed can be done on episode 4 the truth as the stage part has a lot of flares and ammo and it is by far the best place to farm kills with the weapons. 

• 2 weeks later...

Across the Platinum and the DLCs, yes kills transfer across the whole game, not just the story, you will get WAY more than needed, just naturally, even if trying to Speedrun!!

Hunting Rifle is the only 1 you may potentially miss if you never pick it up as doesn't appear too often, but just be sure to probably pick that up whenever as it's the rarest weapon u see

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2021 at 0:17 PM, ChanelOberlin494 said:

You don’t need to ‘grind’ kills, so long as you switch weapons up occasionally and use flash bangs etc you’ll easily get them all across the two playthroughs

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2021 at 7:51 PM, Cobbsquatch said:

Yeah there's no need to grind at all. Theres way more enemies than the required kills needed.

Oh I know but it is there if anyone is like myself and only tries to save some of the guns for later and so on. As I kept saving flaregun and flashbangs for big big fights it is a force of habbit for anyone who plays horror games that you normally save the better weapons and use the weaker ones to deal with most of the enemies.

Edited by Lonemankane

3 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

Oh I know but it is there if anyone is like myself and only tries to save some of the guns for later and so on. As I kept saving flaregun and flashbangs for big big fights it is a force of habbit for anyone who plays horror games that you normally save the better weapons and use the weaker ones to deal with most of the enemies.

Very true, but Nightmare mode's difficulty encourages the use of the stronger weapons, especially towards the end of the game. You're much better dispatching stronger enemies with the rifle in 2 shots, as opposed to like 12 pistol bullets, especially when there's 3 or 4 stronger mobs all charging at ya :P

17 hours ago, Cobbsquatch said:

Very true, but Nightmare mode's difficulty encourages the use of the stronger weapons, especially towards the end of the game. You're much better dispatching stronger enemies with the rifle in 2 shots, as opposed to like 12 pistol bullets, especially when there's 3 or 4 stronger mobs all charging at ya :P

true but for a nightmare playthrough you could just run past most of the enemies and use the lights of the places as a way to kill them. the only downfall to that is when your trapped like when you have to deal with the shitty ai of the kidnapper or the fight on the stage itself and so on

Edited by Lonemankane

• 8 months later...

I'm currently playing it and I can say there is no need to grind, even in one playthrough, except if you're playing on easy and/or never die.

The rarest weapon is the hunt rifle, but it came too. But since you have to play at least two runs, every kill trophy will unlock eventually.