Some PSN questions regarding downloads on my Vita

xRabidInfant

Hello, my first post here as I only recently bought a PS Vita.

I have got a 16 gb memory card but currently it is quite full as I have been downloading whatever free games I can (Uncharted, Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush etc) and I was wondering if I deleted any of those games would I still be able to download them for free later on in say a months time? (I have 12 months of PSN subscription)

Or if I deleted any game I downloaded for free if it then went back to normal price would I have to then pay the normal price to re-download it?

Also another question please, which is completely separate, I downloaded and played Guacamelee, and I also downloaded both the DLC packs, now when I check my % completion for the game does it factor in the % of both those DLC packs? I have only got trophies from one pack and have not got any from the other pack, is there a way to 'delete' the inferno pack 0% from my overall % as it is dragging my overall % down a little when I look at it on my Vita. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you for any help.

RabidInfant 

If you are a playstation plus member and you delete a game obtained from your plus subscription then you ARE ABLE to re-download and play it again later as long as you are still a plus member. I hope I helped in some way. 

Also, welcome to PSNP and I hope you'll decide to stay a member of the site as well as be active in forums. The more the merrier. 

Edited by Vacio_Luna

yeah, like what vacio has put... once u buy them they are urs, u can change memory cards and download them whenever u want aslong as its on the same psn account... once u buy/download somethin it then has a red psn mark next to it on the psn store and can be quickly viewed in ur downloads list... however some games that you have purchased or got for free may eventually dissapear from ur downloads list, this is due to promotion changes and store update policies etc... but then again i guess that only really happened after the psn store was hacked so it all had to be reworked as a safe counter measure, i lost about 6 games includin the entire burnout paradise goty edition :(

I'll answer both your queries.

Firstly, any games you download are added to your downloads list and you can re-download them as often as you need to. Those games you get free with PS+ are no different, except you need an active PS+ subscription to get them for free again. This includes letting the subscription expire and re-subscribing at a later date allowing you access to all your previous free games again. Any games you paid for with a PS+ discount are yours to keep forever, regardless of whether you have an active PS+ subscription or not.

It should be noted that if you delete games on the Vita you also delete the save file too losing any progress you have made in the game. You should back up any saves to the PS+ cloud and re-download them when you re-install the game. This doesn't apply to any PSP or PS1 games you delete on the Vita as those saves are stored in a different place on the memory card.

Secondly, the DLC trophies for Guacamelee! are factored into your completion percentage (which is the same for any games DLC trophies). You also cannot delete the 0%. You have the option to hide trophies/games from your profile so nobody else would see them and that would raise your completion rate (unless you already had 100% in the game) but lower your total trophy count. You would still see them on your Vita though.

Edited by Stevieboy

Thank you all for your help.

If I downloaded a game that was 'free' today but then sold at full price tomorrow (for example) and I deleted the game would I then be able to re-download it for free again or would I have to pay for it the next time I downloaded it as it would then technically no longer be 'free'? The best example would be Sonic racers which was free over xmas but is now being sold at full price again.

PS: I did pick up Persona 4 for the low price a couple of days ago, looking forward to that amongst many others.

Thank you all for your help.

If I downloaded a game that was 'free' today but then sold at full price tomorrow (for example) and I deleted the game would I then be able to re-download it for free again or would I have to pay for it the next time I downloaded it as it would then technically no longer be 'free'? The best example would be Sonic racers which was free over xmas but is now being sold at full price again.

PS: I did pick up Persona 4 for the low price a couple of days ago, looking forward to that amongst many others.

You will be able to download it for free again. The games are stored in your download list, even if you membership expires the games will be still there.

Yeah, once the games are in your downloads list, whether you paid for them or got them free, you can re-download them as many times as you like for no extra charge. The only restriction is the ones you got for free with PS+ would need an active subscription to be able to re-download them.

Edited by Stevieboy

• 3 weeks later...