Monkey Golf 72 points mission

Get 72 points or less in Normal Golf - 18 Holes. This mission is absolutely insane. The wind RNG also makes this 10x more worse than it already would be without. The power bar system is absolute **** too (either that or I just fail to understand how to properly use it). Does anyone have any tips/strategies or gameplay of them doing it, please? This is the only minigame mission that I seriously struggle to even think about being able to complete (well aside from Monkey Tennis: Beat a Pro CPU, but that's just more about using brute force and eventually getting lucky).

On 11/10/2021 at 1:31 AM, YungDrillaBrezzy said:

Get 72 points or less in Normal Golf - 18 Holes. This mission is absolutely insane. The wind RNG also makes this 10x more worse than it already would be without. The power bar system is absolute **** too (either that or I just fail to understand how to properly use it). Does anyone have any tips/strategies or gameplay of them doing it, please? This is the only minigame mission that I seriously struggle to even think about being able to complete (well aside from Monkey Tennis: Beat a Pro CPU, but that's just more about using brute force and eventually getting lucky).

Yeah this is definitely the hardest mission in the entire game. There's so many factors that make it so goddamn frustrating to play. I got 78 points and I never hit a ball once out bounds and I even got a couple of birdies. The wind isn't that bad, but trying to putt your ball into the goal is actually fucking awful. The area near the holes are usually sharp and at a small incline, which makes getting your ball into the hole soooooo annoying. You waste so many turns just trying to putt your ball into the goal it becomes insanely tilting and makes you play worse.

Doesn't help that it takes at least 20 minutes to get through all holes, so if you fuck up late into the run, have fun doing that all over again and then potentially make easy mistakes on the earlier stages. They could've at least made it 80 points, so I would have this godawful mission done with. Good luck with anyone who's trying this mission and I'll say a prayer for your controllers lol.

I didn't have too much trouble on the golf minigames. Ended up something like -6 on the round. Main strategy I have for putting of normal golf is to ensure to overhit slightly. I found the greens fairly reliable. You can see the inclines in one of the camera views and just estimate accordingly

• 1 month later...

Got 73, nah, almost cant be bothered to anymore. As much as I enjoy getting Platinums and 100%'s, this minigame is actually infuriating. Cant actually see most of the slopes on the ground and eventually the wind will screw you over. On top of the, the indicator that says where your ball should land just straight up lies to you half the time, not entirely sure if it's the winds fault or not.

These minigames absolutely suck, not even just from a trophy standpoint, but just from being so damn poorly recreated from the GCN version.

Was part of the 73 crew as well, thankfully got a 69 one a couple runs later ?

The slopes can definitely kill a good run, and yeah unfortunately you pretty much need to get screwed by them once to know they're there and avoid them on your next try.

I remember having a good run come crashing down on hole 11 cause the wind was going at 10 km/h towards me, never had that much (thought the game was capped at 9.9 km/h), nothing I could do but laugh it off and hope for better luck next time.

There's a few things to keep in mind (basic golf knowledge, but since the game doesn't explain anything, if you're not aware of those it could make a difference):

• The distance your club can do is not taking the rolling of the ball in consideration, if your driver can hit to 250 yards and you make a perfect shot, you'll actually hit a shot around 270-280 yards with the rolling on an even fairway
  • If the fairway is lower than you, you'll go further than the carry of your club, and if the fairway is higher you'll go less far than the carry of your club
  • The putters are atrocious, unlike other golf games where the power gauge is divided in 4 and hitting in the middle would logically give you 50% of the power, here it's not the case. The 30 ft putter works somewhat correctly, but the 90ft & 150ft ones just don't, so try to keep that in mind (using the 90ft one and shooting with 25% of the gauge gives a distance of around 35ft)
  • As a rule of thumb, when aiming for the flag, try and shoot with 10%-15% less power than the carry needed (on an even ground and if the wind isn't against you)