PS4 vs PS5 and Controller Setting Advice

DHawk12

So far I’ve played the PS5 version on my alt account but I’d appreciate if somebody can help me with a few questions.

1. Should I play the PS4 or PS5 version? Aside from frame rate (i have 60hz tv), does the ps5 version have any extra advantages?

2. I was having alot of trouble configuring my controller settings, i cant get the aiming to feel right. Should i use aim smoothing, what fov should i use and should vertical/horizontal sensitivity be the same value? For reference, in other games i play ~95 horizontal fov, 10-15 deadzone and 6h/5v sensitivity (cod).

Ion fury is the last old school fps ive played which had funky controls but this game feels a little worse.

Edited by DHawk12

There's no reason to play on PS4/PS4 Pro if you have the PS5 version.  

PS4 is 1080p, 60fps

PS4 Pro is 2160p, 60fps

PS5 is 2160p, 120fps (if you have a 120hz tv)

But, PS5 has the DualSense Adaptive Triggers feature, and I think* it saves just fine whereas in the current PS4 build (1.02 currently), quicksaving often causes your save data to get corrupted but that should be fixed in the next PS4 version patch.

For aiming, just experiment to find what works best for you.

2 hours ago, drlight66 said:

There's multiple reports of the PS5 version having glitched trophies, making them currently unobtainable.

7 hours ago, drlight66 said:

PS4 is 1080p, 60fps

PS4 Pro is 2160p, 60fps

PS5 is 2160p, 120fps (if you have a 120hz tv)

But, PS5 has the DualSense Adaptive Triggers feature, and I think* it saves just fine whereas in the current PS4 build (1.02 currently), quicksaving often causes your save data to get corrupted but that should be fixed in the next PS4 version patch.

For aiming, just experiment to find what works best for you.

PS5 it is. Im going to wait until a new update releases, my deadzone settings keep bugging out to where i cant increase it after decreasing it. Deleting my save seems like the only fix.

Do you have any recommendations for deadzone, aim smoothing and aim assist settings? The remaining settings wont be too hard to experiment with after getting the first 3 set optimally.

• 3 months later...