Chapter 8 Special Mission

41 minutes ago, Popeguy said:

Holy crap, this is difficult. Anyone got any tips/character selection to S rank this?

P.S. accidentally/also posted this on the ps4 version

Focus especially on time and health. The fastest You finish the better. Ive used Hinokami Tanjiro as main and Rengoku. Hold L2 boost until he makes clones to beat them faster. Dont rush. One clone then dodge and wait for opportunity to beat another. I did it after an hour ??

22 hours ago, Popeguy said:

Holy crap, this is difficult. Anyone got any tips/character selection to S rank this?

You need to be very aggressive. You can do the fight with 100% HP and still not get S Rank if you take too long with the fight. 

I used Hinokami Tanjiro and Zenitsu. During the Temple Fiend's first awakening phase, switch to Zenitsu. His dodge seems a lot faster and has a wider distance. It really helps dodging the ground tracking fire attacks. Those are the hardest to dodge because of how inconsistently you can dodge them, but I found using Zenitsu to dodge them was easy. Another reason for using Zenitsu is so you can spam his special attack during the awakening phases. It really helps to chip away at the boss's health during those phases since like I said you're fighting more against the time with this boss.

Once the boss summons the clones use Boost and then use the neutral special attack for Hinokami Tanjiro. That would pretty much almost wipe out the clones AND you're also damaging the main body. I personally finished the clones off first since it gets hectic ignoring them and dodging all those AoEs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not gonna lie but these special missions were pretty easy and straightforward once you know the attack pattern as well as the attack itself. I used Rengoku as my main with Tanjiro as assist and honestly, I aced the hard version first try after getting several A ranks on normal and I just really surprised myself and I thought, how the hell did I find the hard version easier than the normal version ? but yeah, this game was so much fun and because of the games story, I just started watching the anime for the first time and really enjoying that :D