Aliens: Fireteam Elite low playerbase

You

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Do the devs know you've modded the game to make it easier on PC?

I've not played the game for months. Doubt I will go back to it. I know they fixed one of the trophies for getting all the reports but I still haven't gone back to it.

Unless there is a significant rebalance/fixed on PS4, can't see myself ever going back to it. I did enjoy it while it lasted though, even with the 2 AI. I still think it's a good game, but just, to play on harder difficulties is just not fun, or even fair.

Clearly you didn't read what I've stated properly. Easier? No. Not by a long shot. At least a bit more survivable with great degree of skill and a good stat boosting challenge card? Yes. Note that even with the mods and the stats boosting challenge cards more than half of the game's levels are still ridiculously aggravating as hell to pass even on Insane. Meaning that there is something definitely screwy and out of whack with the game's balancing, scaling, and difficulty issues. I'll even admit the modded battle synths health bar may need a serious nerf but once that gets fixed, I'd say the game will have reached a balanced "perfection" (Get it? ;))

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Cold Iron has openly stated that mods will remain unofficial and not technically supported internally.

Cold Iron specifically allowed mods in private matches only, though as I stated, there's no plan to officially support any mods and you do so at your own risk.

True, but they could benefit A LOT more from the feedback and support which could extend the lifespan and player base but sadly, that's not how the gaming industry works in today's climate. I miss the old days when PC game devs were totally for officially implementing fan feedback, QoL mods, improvements, etc. Now it's all about monetization, low-effort, unoriginal, soulless nostalgia-baiting cash grabs, gaslighting, and hollow vanity.

Edited by axlredgrave
Grammar error.

11 minutes ago, jason_trixta said:

Actually, playing on the PC with mods you can make the game an entire joke.  You can make the bots in to kill machines and set the aliens to do minimal damage, along with what ever changes to values you want.

Yes. There's a term for this. It's called "Cheating". 

lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jason_trixta said:

Nope because cold iron allows mod usage in private games.

Yes. They allow cheating in private games.

"...unsuspecting players being matched with folks running cheating mods "

is quite literally mentioned on their reddit page by the CEO of Cold Iron Studios. ?

Then what are you moaning about this time?  And why are you posting patch notes that are over a month old?  How does pc players using mods effect your gameplay experience?

This patch is targeted to release on Tuesday, February 15, 2022. Patch deployment times may vary by platform. 

We have implemented the following changes:

MODIFIED GAMES

• Players with modified game files will be able to play Multiplayer again with private matches, outside of public matchmaking. Please note that running a modified game is something that you do at your own risk and we cannot offer support for issues that may arise from this.

The only reason mods were removed in the first place was because they left the dev mode assessable in the pc client and didnt know how to prevent it.  And it wasn't because if cheating, people were using the dev mode to spawn in bosses/mobs to troll/grief people.

Edited by jason_trixta