F*cking Iron Frog

TurtlePM

I really love the Zuma games. Completing adventure mode was fun and relaxing, even boss battles were a nice touch to the mix.

But Iron Frog, that's just bullshit. This is an example why certain games should stay on PC/mobile. While overall very well adapted to both DS3 and DS4, this mode should be more accessible.

I'm talking about fucking level 6 and level 9. I'm breezing through all levels wasting time until I reach these fuckers. The balls move so fast that even if I make Zuma, I still lose. Power ups are random and it's full of twists and turns to be fast/accurate.

Does anyone have any tips to share for these fuckers? I throw balls away that are not necessary, but after I do a Zuma, I can't get those remaining balls off the gate because of the lack of decent power ups... 

• 3 months later...

I think this was already posted, but pressing the PS button will pause the game without obscuring the screen. This is also used for the minigame in Tales of Symphonia to get the “Mid-Life Crisis” title for Lloyd. Level 9 is pretty much as terrible as it gets, and I wouldn’t say level 10 is any better. In fact it’s a worse version of a triangle shaped level in the first Zuma. I tried 2 or 3 times playing normally and pretty much lost my patience after totally acing the previous levels. People can call this cheating if they want, using that PS button pause, but in Iron Frog mode, with only 1 life, every single shot you make has to be shot right now, and in the right place. Doing this, you can make a 3-match nearly every shot. The combos, rollbacks, and gap shots are just up to chance.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/27/2022 at 11:56 AM, servus99 said:

What exactly is this iron mode? 
How easy is this game compared to Zuma 1 on PS3 ?
Thanks in advance

It's a mode that unlocks halfway or so through Adventure Mode.  

In Iron Frog Mode you have to beat 10 specific levels in a row without failing any of them.  If you fail even 1, you get a final score, game over, and in order to try again you start at the first stage of the 10 again.

The game is generally not too bad, having not done Zuma 1 on PS3; its not overly difficult...until this trophy.  Then it can be both hard and frustrating.  Not really rage quit for me, its just a time waste to sit there and try and get far, only for a single mistake or two, and it's all over ...start over time.  Just annoying but more time consuming than anything.  I've not really tried that much going back to get this trophy, yet I need to put more effort into it.

I also tried the PS button trick that is mentioned above, the advantage is that you can quickly see your ball, and the ball coming next; however I didn't find it overly useful, or didn't use it enough to make a difference.

• Like 1