3DS Will See Brand New Legend of Zelda Title

Wade_VC

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is finished, and that leaves a development team within Nintendo contemplating their next project. Series producer Eiji Aonuma indicates that plans formore Legend of Zelda may be in the works for the Nintendo 3DS.

“We are already preparing a new game, a game in the series for the Nintendo 3DS, but don’t think that it is a direct sequel to the Zelda titles released on DS,” said Aonuma. “We are talking about a new game, but it takes much of what has been done on previous handhelds.”

There's also demand for a remake of Majora’s Mask for 3DS, and that's apparently in the cards as well. “It’s something I’m asked about often and I assure you that it is something I’ve spoken to Miyamoto about,” detailed Aonuma. “But recently we released The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D as a remake. We are considering the idea, but it didn’t seem right to launch a remake one after another, so the next Zelda game on 3DS will be original.”

Source: Nintendo Everything

But, I figure this thing will be about $90 by Summer 2012, so I can wait.

I don't plan on getting one to be honest. I like my old DS that takes the GameBoy cartridges; besides, Nintendo is still all about releasing the same 4 or 5 franchised games. Hell, I think there are more Mario games than there are Friday the 13th movies.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the producer doesn't want to release MM3D before a new Zelda title. He hasn't ruled out an MM3D though.

Honestly I do not care, I love the Nintendo games and have so much fun with them.

I think I could actually complete OoT and MM on handheld. I could never finish a Zelda game because I would lose interest half way or something... not to mention the N64 controllers were fucking garbage from hell.

I think I could actually complete OoT and MM on handheld. I could never finish a Zelda game because I would lose interest half way or something... not to mention the N64 controllers were fucking garbage from hell.

That's why I have 3rd party analogs for my N64. Oddly enough I find myself playing OoT3D more than my gold cartridge version.

That's why I have 3rd party analogs for my N64. Oddly enough I find myself playing OoT3D more than my gold cartridge version.

Now that I have a job, I can afford a 3DS and I would actually like to...:ninja:kinda :ninja: try out OoT. I tried out a 3DS on display with the 3D on and it was totally weird. Like you could kinda feel the 3D, but it would totally fuck up if you moved your head. IMO, the biggest flaw is that the 3DS and DS have a poor library and that it is missing a GBA slot.

Now that I have a job, I can afford a 3DS and I would actually like to... :ninja:kinda :ninja: try out OoT. I tried out a 3DS on display with the 3D on and it was totally weird. Like you could kinda feel the 3D, but it would totally fuck up if you moved your head. IMO, the biggest flaw is that the 3DS and DS have a poor library and that it is missing a GBA slot.

I know, I'm ticked at the lack of a GBA slot. At least have a couple GBA games on the virtual console at launch. To me the 3DS is actually pretty cool.

I know, I'm ticked at the lack of a GBA slot. At least have a couple GBA games on the virtual console at launch. To me the 3DS is actually pretty cool.

Yea. I have a DS Lite which comes with a GBA slot, but the damn games stick out from the bottom. GBA games in the original DS would fit just like a GBA... I think a DSiXL looks pretty sexy too ;)

• 1 month later...

yess new zelda game! :o as soon as i finish ocarina of time on my 3ds, ill get ghost tracks or whatever for ds which i will also play on my 3ds, and i will hopefully be finished with both by the time the new game comes out :)

i really hope they remake wind waker though. wind waker was my favorite zelda game. phantom hourglass was decent as well, but its already on the ds.

Yea. I have a DS Lite which comes with a GBA slot, but the damn games stick out from the bottom. GBA games in the original DS would fit just like a GBA... I think a DSiXL looks pretty sexy too ;)

lol yeah i have the original ds, the gba games fit like if the ds was designed just for them ;)