Riders Republic Trophy List

PoundofLife89-_-

16 minutes ago, Slugger_VII said:

I’ve gotten 15 district captures over the last hour and a half of play. I think if you really focus on the minimap and rushing to districts that have 1-2 ramps left and minimal players it’s not too bad. It’s still pretty luck based but I’ve been able to get up to 4 district captures in 1 game just by watching the minimap like a hawk

edit: I also recommend turning on auto land so you don’t screw yourself out of missing a district capture because you bailed on the trick 

This is definitely the trophy I'm trying to get out of the way as soon as I can, just getting matches is a pain. It's a shame the matchmaking is random, would be super easy to boost with a group.

Edited by Anke
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Anke said:

This is definitely the trophy I'm trying to get out of the way as soon as I can, just getting matches is a pain. It's a shame the matchmaking is random, would be super easy to boost with a group.

I completely agree. My sole focus is this one trophy. Everything else looks pretty easy and straightforward.

14 minutes ago, Slugger_VII said:

I completely agree. My sole focus is this one trophy. Everything else looks pretty easy and straightforward.

I just popped it. Luckily got on a couple of teams who knew about capturing the maps so we just kept doing it over and over, it was great luck I hit the last ramp a lot of the time. Managed the 30 in about 15 matches-ish.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Slugger_VII said:

This trophy isn't hard, it just takes a little patience. And the matchmaking depends on the time of day I guess, yesterday I had to wait 4-5 minutes until finding a match, today I almost always found a match immediately.

Tricks Battle is my favorite mode in the game ? 

Edited by anotherfangirl

1 hour ago, anotherfangirl said:

This trophy isn't hard, it just takes a little patience. And the matchmaking depends on the time of day I guess, yesterday I had to wait 4-5 minutes until finding a match, today I almost always found a match immediately.

Tricks Battle is my favorite mode in the game 1f605.png 

I achieved it yesterday and after getting it I agree. Before I started playing trick attack I was pretty intimidated by it. I played a couple matches last night where all the players were completely ignoring districts (especially the starting districts). My last match to pop the trophy I was able to get 7 district captures.

As long as you focus on the minimap and hit the districts that no one is doing tricks in, it’s pretty easy, just takes some time. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh boy I'm about 50 hours in now about half way to the plat. Personally I found the platinum journey for steep to be more rewarding and satisfying. I would say a lot of that is due to the lack of the grindy feel. You had to get all the medals for nearly all of the 115 events in that game which was a real challenge. By comparison in RR the bar you have to meet to complete an event is quite minimal. However, RR arguably has more gameplay variety. But steep has more satisfying mechanics to learn and master.

But... Most importantly steep requires you to get good. RR requires you to grind. And OMG I can't tell you how many damn mass races and free for all events I've done now. It doesn't event have the decency to have a stats screen to show you how far you have progressed. The district capturing I had down in about 10-15 events. If you just focus on district captures you can easily get 2-5 per game. But the races, OMG... They were fun. But the anxiety of the multiplayer dying has made me purely focus on getting the multiplayer out of the way before I can enjoy and focus on the single player.

The grind is the real difficulty with this trophy. Complete 100 events with funkies. Complete 50 events without back tracks, complete 100 sponsor contracts, complete 10 shackdaddy weeklies. Complete 50 dayum mass races!!!!

Like I just want to enjoy this game and appreciate the challenge but I can't because I have to play this game the way it wants me to. Which is tedious and grindy. You may not like steep and think it's too hard but it respects your time and offers a satisfying challenge. Especially with the bonus stages that allow you to choose not to do le fuse or fallen rocks. RR does not. I mean if it required 50 mass race stages it would have been ok. But 50 events completed?

As for the collectobles. You don't need to nab all 500 balloons. The points of interest or whatever they are called + the relics (which give you free funkies so just grab em anyway) count to this total. So you only need to get 140ish balloons in the end. Not great but doable. I'm going to save the balloons for once I've finished the MP grind Or the grind for shakdaddies / sponsor contracts.

Lastly, don't worry about stars / XP grinding. When starting out grind enough to get the rocket wingsuit, then unlock all the relics and POIs. Then just grind multiplayer. Seriously that should get you pretty far with XP and stars.

Loving the game but I hate hate hate this trophy list.

• Like 4

On 11/22/2021 at 4:20 AM, grim_fendango said:

So you only need to get 140ish balloons in the end. Not great but doable. I'm going to save the balloons for once I've finished the MP grind

I personally really enjoyed doing this. Sure, it's a grind, but with a map (like the ones over at PowerPyx) it's really simple. I mostly used the Paramotor or Paraglider (whatever it's called lol) as it would let me go slowly over the areas where one of the ballons could be found. 

As for the rest, even though I did the single-player things first, I fully agree with your findings. I only have a few (multiplayer) trophies left, and yes, the road to platinum is more of a grind than needing to be good at it. I purchased Steep a few months before it became a PS+ game (just my luck lol) and never thought I'd get hooked on it as much as I did. It was my first platinum (never cared about trophies before then). And while I am having a blast playing RR, it is a bit of a disappointment how easy the platinum is in comparison to Steep (with the biggest downer the multiplayer trophies. For one, I'm not a fan of most multiplayer games, but also the idea of not being able to obtain the multiplayer trophies once people start moving away from the game, which eventually will happen as people do with all games (except GTA V apparently lol)). There are a few more disappointments when I start comparing the two games, but that's a different topic lol :)

• Like 1