Question regarding easy mode vs the old Xbox version

Taliesin_2943

I'm playing on easy mode just to familiarize myself and get collectibles and such and I'm following an old Xbox guide I'm assuming they did normal mode. But the strategies and enemy behavior including in videos is far different from what I'm experiencing to name afew examples

The guide and videos say I can run from/avoid fights and says I can just flash my light to stop them and run but in my game that stops them for like a tenth of a second and there right on my butt hitting me so there's no real running away avoiding

It says on easy I take less damage but 2 glancing hits will kill Alan but in videos he's taking several with minimal damage

It also shows that enemies respawn or won't attack if Alan is under a light but my enemies are just throwing knives and stuff hitting him anyway for big damage faster than the light heals at times

Overall I feel like they amped up this remaster because I'm the original you could run away, avoid, escape into a light area ect but that's not working in this remaster even flashbangs only seem to kill 40% of the time on the same enemies the videos show outright dying from it 

So is my game just messed up? I feel like I'm on nightmare with enemy damages to Alan but easy on gun damage to enemies which means little with the infinity spawning in most larger areas

I never played the original but you can run away from enemies in the remaster, I mean you have to do it in nightmare otherwise you won't be able to finish it but you need to blind the enemies every 2 seconds because like you said they start hunting you again so fast. You can also drop a flare once you run past the enemies to stop them from following you. And yeah even on easy you die so fast.

I recommend optinoob video guide.

Edited by XXIIlII

14 minutes ago, XXIIlII said:

I never played the original but you can run away from enemies in the remaster, I mean you have to do it in nightmare otherwise you won't be able to finish it but you need to blind the enemies every 2 seconds because like you said they start hunting you again so fast. You can also drop a flare once you run past the enemies to stop them from following you. And yeah even on easy you die so fast.

I recommend optinoob video guide.

A problem I e noticed with blinding or using flares is they just teleport behind or ahead of me out of the light so I'm really hoping they get their act together on nightmare but atleast by nightmare I'll only have a few collectables to grab lol

Easy is what normal was on Xbox. It’s exactly the same with 0 differences. 

You can easily run from enemies by just charging your flashlight at them quickly and dodging if need be. Charging the flashlight stops them in their tracks for about 1 seconds which I plenty of time to gain distance. You might on occasion get hit by a ranged attack while under a light, but enemies despawn shortly after entering it. 

Different enemies does different amount of damage. Some you die in 2 hits and some in 2 on easy. 

1 minute ago, Quink666 said:

Easy is what normal was on Xbox. It’s exactly the same with 0 differences. 

You can easily run from enemies by just charging your flashlight at them quickly and dodging if need be. Charging the flashlight stops them in their tracks for about 1 seconds which I plenty of time to gain distance. You might on occasion get hit by a ranged attack while under a light, but enemies despawn shortly after entering it. 

Different enemies does different amount of damage. Some you die in 2 hits and some in 2 on easy. 

Except as I said that 1 second doesn't give me any distance because once I turn around they are already within melee distance again I they didn't just teleport out if my light the first time. But I'll manage I always do just really hope flares and ammo are plentiful on nightmare lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Except as I said that 1 second doesn't give me any distance because once I turn around they are already within melee distance again I they didn't just teleport out if my light the first time. But I'll manage I always do just really hope flares and ammo are plentiful on nightmare lol

You get enough flares if you go for chests to use some in sections where you want to skip enemies in nightmare. Chapter 2 is where you'll want to use them the most since you can skip most of that chapter by simply running. It's also the chapter where they get introduced. Another tip is to spam jump when out of stamina and running, enemies will miss you 75% of the time doing that. It's like a weak version of the dodge.

30 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

You get enough flares if you go for chests to use some in sections where you want to skip enemies in nightmare. Chapter 2 is where you'll want to use them the most since you can skip most of that chapter by simply running. It's also the chapter where they get introduced. Another tip is to spam jump when out of stamina and running, enemies will miss you 75% of the time doing that. It's like a weak version of the dodge.

Yeah dodge works great if it's 1 vs 1 but if it's 2 or more I tend to dodge 1 and end up right in the attack path of another lol but I'll try the jumping god that's an old thing to do my girlfriend always ask why I'm bouncing around in certain games and I'm like..... Iove faster and enemies have a hard time hitting me.  Honestly though never thought to try that in Alan wake

• Like 1