Game Order

Rozalia1

This is the first game with bonus stuff. Corpse Party Blood Drive, which is the on the Vita, is the third one? The second game isn't on Playstation. 

The above correct? I've considered giving Corpse Party a shot but there are so many remakes and rereleases seemingly that I'm unsure if the above is accurate.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yes, Corpse Party on PS4 is a remake of the first game with bonus content. Book of Shadows is the second game in the series. It released on PSP but is playable on Vita. Blood Drive is technically the 5th entry in the series I believe, but it's fine to play it after Book of Shadows. The two games released in-between aren't really important to Heavenly Host Saga. One is a side story with a comedic tone and the other is the start of a new arc. New characters, new setting, etc. 

So this is the order I'd recommend:
Corpse Party, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash (Optional), Corpse Party: Blood Drive

Thanks for clearing it up for me in an informative manner. I'll certainly give Corpse Party a shot when I find time for it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

It's kind of diminishing returns the further you go into the series. The first game is phenomenal, very creepy, I played it on PSP. The second game is a mixture of parallel scenarios during or previous to the timeline of the first game which is pretty good and ends with a final scenario that's mainly a tease for the next sequel, which is so so. Then things kinda go off the rails in Blood Drive. The story ups the stakes and just isn't that great and it was really hard for me to get over the 3D rendered, chibi art style after the gritty, 2D sprite artwork of the first 2 games.

So I wholeheartedly recommend the first game, a lighter recommendation for the second if you really liked the first game and want more. Though I can't recommend the 3rd game. It's a shame they didn't port over the first 7 episodes of Book of Shadows too to make this an ultimate edition of Corpse Party as parts of Book of Shadows almost felt like DLC for the first game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

It's kind of diminishing returns the further you go into the series. The first game is phenomenal, very creepy, I played it on PSP. The second game is a mixture of parallel scenarios during or previous to the timeline of the first game which is pretty good and ends with a final scenario that's mainly a tease for the next sequel, which is so so. Then things kinda go off the rails in Blood Drive. The story ups the stakes and just isn't that great and it was really hard for me to get over the 3D rendered, chibi art style after the gritty, 2D sprite artwork of the first 2 games.

So I wholeheartedly recommend the first game, a lighter recommendation for the second if you really liked the first game and want more. Though I can't recommend the 3rd game. It's a shame they didn't port over the first 7 episodes of Book of Shadows too to make this an ultimate edition of Corpse Party as parts of Book of Shadows almost felt like DLC for the first game.

Thank you for the comment. Since this thread I did play the 1st game and did enjoy it. I'm currently in the process of checking out the second game and slowly getting through it. I agree with you that they likely should have combined the two in the latest release because they do very much go together. Blood Drive being not as good is something I've seen elsewhere but I enjoyed the first game enough that I would like to see what happens in 3.