Great co-op Tower Defense

Helyx

Found this hidden gem recently and had a blast playing co-op online. Stat tracking works for both players in multiplayer, so you both get credit towards the trophy requirements.

There were no trophy glitches, no crashes and overall it was a really fun experience. I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this game.

I used this guide to know which towers were required for certain trophies - https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/gensokyo-defenders/guide/

You wont really need help with strategy, but if anyone has questions (or additional tips), feel free to post them here.

Edited by Helyx

Always nice to find hidden coop gems.

I tried looking for it but I don't see it??...

edit: Oh ok, Its name Gensokyo, not "Gensoukyou".

Edited by NERVergoproxy

5 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Oh ok, Its name Gensokyo, not "Gensoukyou"

Oof, good eye. Yeah, it's called "Gensokyo Defenders". @BlindMango

6 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Always nice to find hidden coop gems.

Yes, this was definitely a nice find. It's a tower defense, but also a twin-stick shooter with lots of different characters with unique attacks.

I'm a little surprised this game never been on sale, no wonder I never saw it, or paid much attention. ? idk If I give it $19 though. And Im gonna assume the Plus version is dlc?

1 minute ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Im gonna assume the Plus version is dlc?

I'm not sure what's included with the DLC or which bundles it's a part of. Luckily, there's no DLC trophies and I doubt the DLC would assist with making the platinum more accessible.

It was on sale for $37.25 HKD in the Hong Kong store last year, which is less than $5 USD and a really good price.

• 1 year later...
On 11/1/2021 at 11:20 PM, BlindMango said:

Whoops :ninja: Unfortunately we can't edit forum names after it's created, but thankfully the main list is named right

Will these changes be possible moving forward with the new forum layout?

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

Will these changes be possible moving forward with the new forum layout?

Yes, so the forum should take the name that we set on the main site now, and all repeat lists will be merged into one forum as well. You'll see that done automatically for any new games with repeat lists then Sly is going to have it go back and merge all forums for games prior to the forum update. You can see Red Dead Redemption for an example of a merged forum

• Like 1