Would a wired PS2 Guitar work? (DJ + Guitar Trophies)

AihaLoveleaf

Can anybody confirm whether the game will detect a wired PS2 Guitar Hero controller? 

Interested in picking up a Guitar Hero controller for the two trophies related to it, as well as having one on hand for future rhythm game exploration. PlayStation 3 GH controllers start getting pretty expensive once you factor in the price of the wireless dongle. Since I already have multiple PS2 to USB converters on hand, it may be more cost efficient to just buy a wired PS2 guitar, but only if it works. Considering the size of these things, it would suck to end up with a waste of space that doesn't do what I need it to.

Any experience or downsides anybody is able to offer would be appreciated.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

It's an inPin Play Converter. Does great with arcade sticks, but there seem to be more questions than answers online as for how it does with Guitar Hero controllers. 

Did some research. The converter I linked does not work for what you're intending. That really sucks since Brook is usually the most robust in this regard. If that converter doesn't work, it's safe to assume yours won't either, sadly. Sorry, dude. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Did some research. The converter I linked does not work for what you're intending. That really sucks since Brook is usually the most robust in this regard. If that converter doesn't work, it's safe to assume yours won't either, sadly. Sorry, dude. 

Thanks for looking into it! I did some research yesterday as well. According to a couple of YouTube videos on the subject, most adapters will simply recognize the guitar as a DualShock controller, which is basically a death sentence for these Activision music games as you can't even start a song without the intended peripheral. 

That Brook may still be useful since I have some PS4 fighting games to get to in the future, but as for DJ Hero, I'll be looking at the PS3 guitars again. 

• Like 3