Tiltrophy Tileoughts?

willmill97

1 hour ago, rednaxnxam said:

Easy or not, I think Treefall Studios make some fun games.  I've enjoyed the ones I've played so far.  Just my humble opinion of course.  1f601.png

I will agree with your humble opinion, but of course, just because a game is easy doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable. That being said, that goes any game, regardless of difficulty. Eli makes some great games, no doubt about it, and fair play to him for doing something he loves.

• Like 2

Eli from TreeFall here!

I hope you all are doing well today. I just saw the forum post about trophy length so I thought I would pop in and give some info on what we have seen so far with our testers.

This game time/length and difficulty will heavily depend on if you use someone's guide to just watch all the levels or play and solve them on your own. My dev time play-through WITH changing the player options to fast speed AND knowing every puzzle solution,  my plat time was just under 30 minutes. I honestly think it would be decently hard to achieve that time even with watching a level by level guide, just because it would be easy to make a mistake and also you would probably need to pause the video every few moves per level to not get behind.

For most first time players, the time to completion is heavily dependent on puzzle solving ability. The game took 2 to 4 hours for most people to solve all the way through. This data was taken from a mix of play testers, some with heavy gaming experience and some with no gaming experience. The first few levels basically teach you how to play and introduce new mechanics to you over time, and you can beat a few of the intro levels in a matter of seconds. As the game progresses however, some of the levels get quite large. We saw some of our testers take up to 30 minutes on a single puzzle. There are 58 total in the base game. The game does not really hold your hand or give you a ton of instruction on how moves can and cannot be used with regards to certain spaces, like you cannot double jump over a moving bridge for instance, the level design itself subtly teaches those things to you over time. I think this factor of the game may contribute to the varying time it takes to complete the game.

I love checking in and seeing what people think of my games/getting feedback. Hopefully some of that info will be helpful to you in learning a little more about how the game and trophy list is structured.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigg-E_Beats said:

Eli from TreeFall here!

I hope you all are doing well today. I just saw the forum post about trophy length so I thought I would pop in and give some info on what we have seen so far with our testers.

This game time/length and difficulty will heavily depend on if you use someone's guide to just watch all the levels or play and solve them on your own. My dev time play-through WITH changing the player options to fast speed AND knowing every puzzle solution,  my plat time was just under 30 minutes. I honestly think it would be decently hard to achieve that time even with watching a level by level guide, just because it would be easy to make a mistake and also you would probably need to pause the video every few moves per level to not get behind.

For most first time players, the time to completion is heavily dependent on puzzle solving ability. The game took 2 to 4 hours for most people to solve all the way through. This data was taken from a mix of play testers, some with heavy gaming experience and some with no gaming experience. The first few levels basically teach you how to play and introduce new mechanics to you over time, and you can beat a few of the intro levels in a matter of seconds. As the game progresses however, some of the levels get quite large. We saw some of our testers take up to 30 minutes on a single puzzle. There are 58 total in the base game. The game does not really hold your hand or give you a ton of instruction on how moves can and cannot be used with regards to certain spaces, like you cannot double jump over a moving bridge for instance, the level design itself subtly teaches those things to you over time. I think this factor of the game may contribute to the varying time it takes to complete the game.

I love checking in and seeing what people think of my games/getting feedback. Hopefully some of that info will be helpful to you in learning a little more about how the game and trophy list is structured.

Thanks for the info, Eli, and definitely looking forward to tackling this one initially without any guide, then maybe will use a guide if I stuck/frustrated.  LOL

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

"Tiltrophy Tileoughts"

It's a crime no one has recognized the effort put into this thread's title yet.

They had the good people at NASA working around the clock on this one for two weeks.

Worth it.

LOL Seriously!

1 hour ago, rednaxnxam said:

Thanks for the info, Eli, and definitely looking forward to tackling this one initially without any guide, then maybe will use a guide if I stuck/frustrated.  LOL

Yea I mean that would be my definite recommended way to play =) Going through levels and plotting the best route, only to be off by 1 move, and then finally overcoming it is awesome! Or at least to me, but I have that bias :P Really looking forward to what people think about the game tomorrow!

On 11/22/2021 at 4:12 PM, Bigg-E_Beats said:

LOL Seriously!

Yea I mean that would be my definite recommended way to play =) Going through levels and plotting the best route, only to be off by 1 move, and then finally overcoming it is awesome! Or at least to me, but I have that bias :P Really looking forward to what people think about the game tomorrow!

I like it so far, only played 10 levels thus far, but going to tackle another batch hopefully later.  I know they will get progressively more challenging, but these kind of puzzle games I enjoy.

• Like 1