Assassins Creed Origins PS5

MystifyR

Wanted to know peoples experience with the game on PS5?

I know its not "upgraded" like odyssey to 60fps which really sucks as origins is in my opinion the best of the new age assassin games, but i downloaded it and tried it out and it feels like it struggles on the ps5. i have a 4k monitor and what not and game on it with everything and has like 1ms response which is i mean pretty much best thing you can get, but origins makes it feel like its 5-10ms response, i look left and slight delay i attack and slight delay.

Im starting to think Origins isnt really properly optimised to run on a ps5 even with backwards compatibility, does anyone know whether it runs poorly or not on next gen? or should i just boot up the ol ps4 and play it from there?

It seems certain users have issues with specific PS4 games on PS5. For example, I went back and platinumed Detroit: Become Human and Assassin's Creed: Liberation Remastered recently and they both had horrendous crashing issues. After asking around to see if PS5 owners had similar issues with these games, I was met with people who had had no issues with Detroit or Liberation. It's odd, but these issues seem really user specific. As for the Assassin's Creed games, Ubisoft themselves said that certain Assassin's Creed games (AC: Syndicate and AC: Chronicles) would not work on PS5, only to have them work. I'm playing through the Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack on PS5 right now. It runs beautifully at a smooth 60 and I've had no issues. Considering the fan outcry for a 60fps patch for Odyssey and Origins and that Ubisoft actually listened and patched Odyssey, I think you might be better off waiting for an Origins patch. Up to you!

• Like 1

I played it in June and only had one problem, however this problem follows me in every Ubisoft game that i’ve played on the ps5 so far: the camera will rotate in a continuous 360 on its own. I have to manually hold it in a certain spot at all times. I thought it was stuck drift at first but the problem only shows up in the ubi games I’ve played like odyssey, far cry and the absolute worst was Valhalla (and that game is rough already). Other than that origins ran really well but if you’re more comfortable on the ol’ ps4 then I’d go with that. 

4 hours ago, MarkGrouch said:

It seems certain users have issues with specific PS4 games on PS5. For example, I went back and platinumed Detroit: Become Human and Assassin's Creed: Liberation Remastered recently and they both had horrendous crashing issues. After asking around to see if PS5 owners had similar issues with these games, I was met with people who had had no issues with Detroit or Liberation. It's odd, but these issues seem really user specific. As for the Assassin's Creed games, Ubisoft themselves said that certain Assassin's Creed games (AC: Syndicate and AC: Chronicles) would not work on PS5, only to have them work. I'm playing through the Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack on PS5 right now. It runs beautifully at a smooth 60 and I've had no issues. Considering the fan outcry for a 60fps patch for Odyssey and Origins and that Ubisoft actually listened and patched Odyssey, I think you might be better off waiting for an Origins patch. Up to you!

3 hours ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

I played it in June and only had one problem, however this problem follows me in every Ubisoft game that i’ve played on the ps5 so far: the camera will rotate in a continuous 360 on its own. I have to manually hold it in a certain spot at all times. I thought it was stuck drift at first but the problem only shows up in the ubi games I’ve played like odyssey, far cry and the absolute worst was Valhalla (and that game is rough already). Other than that origins ran really well but if you’re more comfortable on the ol’ ps4 then I’d go with that. 

Cheers guys for your input, ill boot up the ol ps4 and try it on there and see how to goes, fingers crossed ubi someday give origins a 60fps update, seems pointless doing it for just Odyssey and not origins aswell.

UPDATE:: 

So after some trial and error i found a fix, the game originally didn't feel like it was on ps4 and was feeling abit choppy and just delayed responding, basically as if the PS5 was TO powerful to run Origins which is odd i know, this is just what i assumed

I have a external hard drive on my ps5 that strictly downloads and plays PS4 games, i never thought of this as an option cause 99% of my other ps4 games run fine, so i moved my Origins from my external hard drive into the console storage and now it runs great, not 60fps great, but great just like i remember on origins release.

So if anyone else has this issue hopefully this helps out, once again thanks to everyone who commented for there help and input.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 10:28 PM, MystifyR said:

UPDATE:: 

So after some trial and error i found a fix, the game originally didn't feel like it was on ps4 and was feeling abit choppy and just delayed responding, basically as if the PS5 was TO powerful to run Origins which is odd i know, this is just what i assumed

I have a external hard drive on my ps5 that strictly downloads and plays PS4 games, i never thought of this as an option cause 99% of my other ps4 games run fine, so i moved my Origins from my external hard drive into the console storage and now it runs great, not 60fps great, but great just like i remember on origins release.

So if anyone else has this issue hopefully this helps out, once again thanks to everyone who commented for there help and input.

I wonder if this is an external hdd brand issue or something.  I run all of my PS4 games off my external and they run fine.  Finishing up Origins now and it has run fine.  

• Like 1