The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review Round Up

TranceVance

The first review is in giving it a 95% (9.5/10 or 95/100 depending on how you prefer)

The world's first Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim review has arrived via Australian mag Atomic, which brands the Bethesda RPG with a tasty 95% score.

In its review the mag states that bar the occasional "mood breaking" AI moment, Skyrim's "beautiful sprawling world" more than lives up to expectations for both fans of the series and newcomers.

"Ultimately Skyrim is a lot like Fallout: New Vegas - there are some flaws but they pale into significance compared to the sheer scope of the game," it says.

"This is a very successful game that will be much loved by the RPG fans out there - and for people who've never really got the whole role-playing thing before."

Scans of the review are below, as usual, they may contain spoilers. Right click the image and open in a new tab to see the original size.

YrOsA.jpg

D08OL.jpg

Xk3mG.jpg

YGVcI.jpg

I'll be updating this thread with new reviews as they fly in, feel free to link any reviews you find below and I'll add them to this post.

Wired - 10

CVG - 9.5

Digital Spy - 5

Edge - 9

Escapist - 5

Eurogamer - 10

GameInformer - 9.5

Gamereactor - 9

Gamespot - 9

Gametrailers - 9.3

IGN - 9.5

IncGamers - 9

Joystiq - 5

OXM - 10

PC Gamer - 94

Shop To - 6 (Outstanding)

Destructoid - 10

VideoGamer - 9

RPGamer - 4.5

TeamXbox - 9.8

The Guardian - 5

Giant Bomb - 5

• Like 2

I had this paid off for the past few months or so... Oblivion was good but not great in my opinion... Skyrim looks a whole lot prettier though and im expecting to like it a little more than Oblivion... i have a large backlog of games and im trying to clean up my old games that i set aside so even though im picking this up on day one i probably wont play a lot of it until i knock out my backlog...

Those scores are pretty good though...

I appreciate the Review Roundup's you do CasualStorm, until some kind of "official" review system is added to the site (if it happens) this is an excellent alternative!

As for Skyrim, with some Gamestop gift cards my lovely girlfriend got me for our anniversary, I decided to preorder this on a whim. My gaming collection is very lacking in the RPG department and it seemed like a good way to go. I'll be picking it up in a hour or two. :) It couldn't have come out on a more perfect day, the first day of a three-day weekend for me!

I was pretty meh on Morrowind (the game offered little in terms of direction and I wasn't big into RPG's as a whole back then) and Oblivion was better but still a little dry. I absolutely loved the Fallout's (namely New Vegas) though. While I expect this to look and feel like Oblivion, I'm hoping a few things Bethesda learned from the Fallout games finds it's way to Skyrim. Either way, it'll be an interesting 300+ hour romp.