Senran Kagura dlc characters

Play3GianniGreed

Hi everyone, I hope someone can answer this question: the Senran Kagura characters have some kind of story in the game, like cutscenes, their own ending, this sort of things, or are just extra characters to play with in the races? 

Since the DLC is pretty pricey, I want to know before buying it if it's worth. If there are new stories and cutscenes, good, if not, I may just play the base game. 

Thanks in advance. 

They have their own stills in the gallery but that's it, no extra stories, maps, weapons or vehicles, though you do get some additional outfits, accessories and character specific attacks to play with. Unless the character pass is on a very steep discount, don't bother.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 22/12/2021 at 3:30 PM, Play3GianniGreed said:

Yeah, it's best to wait for a discount. For now I will just buy the base game. Thank you. 

what have you done since your post ?

looks like it never willd be on discount

and other question, is the platinum forcing you to play base characters or let you the senran one ? if it's just for multi i don't really care

On 22/12/2021 at 3:16 AM, HuntingFever said:

They have their own stills in the gallery but that's it, no extra stories, maps, weapons or vehicles, though you do get some additional outfits, accessories and character specific attacks to play with. Unless the character pass is on a very steep discount, don't bother.

i'm quoting you to summon you for answers too lol sorry

thanks ^^

Edited by Sarah-Kimochiii

4 hours ago, Sarah-Kimochiii said:

and other question, is the platinum forcing you to play base characters or let you the senran one ? if it's just for multi i don't really care

thanks ^^

No DLC is required for the Plat, I did all 5 stacks without ever playing as a single SK character but you can switch between the core and DLC characters whenever you want :). Annoyingly, the DLCs go on sale a lot for the Asia, Korea and JP stacks but never the Western one :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

7 hours ago, Sarah-Kimochiii said:

thanks ^^

I have bought the game without the dlc but I have been busy with other long games and I haven't started it yet. I will probably play it in the next month. 

• 1 month later...

I have completed the game and got the platinum trophy, so now I can answer my own question: DLC characters are useless. 

I don't know for others versions of the game but the european version comes with Ryobi and Ryona already unlocked. 

You can't use them in the story, they are never mentioned of course, and don't have they own stories. They don't have neither their own vehicle, and you can only use them in the free races and in the minigames. They do have their unique stunt jumps, so I guess this will be valid for the other Senran Girls, but yeah, absolutely don't want to spend almost 30 €/$ only for that. 

So in the end, my advice is to just stick to the main game and don't even think about the DLCs.