Trying Vita Games before putting on trophy list?

Eagles_Numba_One

Im sure this has been asked before but Im not sure where to find answers for it. On PS3, PS4, and PS5 I am able to use a offline account to try a game and see if I will like it before actually putting it on my main account and earn trophies. I know on the vita you cannot have separate accounts on one vita and it is tied to the memory card. My question is if there is any way I can star a game without being logged into my account to see if I will like it before I go for any trophies? Like start a game for a couple hours, decide I don't like it, and be able to delete the game without having any trophies earned be tied to my main PSN account?

You can play games in “airplane mode”, essentially keeping the vita in a faraday cage for a while while you sample a game. That will add the new trophies to the vita offline list, but not allow them to sync to your permanent online profile.

If the game is not your cup of tea, then you can keep the vita in flight mode, and re-format it, wiping everything, which will delete the games and the offline trophies stored on it, and your account from it - then reconnect your profile afterwards.

Just remember if you do that, to reconnect online, and sync your trophies at least once after formatting and re-connecting to your profile, but before playing anything else - otherwise you will get some “missing timestamp” trophies on the next game you play.

• Like 3

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

You can play games in “airplane mode”, essentially keeping the vita in a faraday cage for a while while you sample a game. That will add the new trophies to the vita offline list, but not allow them to sync to your permanent online profile.

If the game is not your cup of tea, then you can keep the vita in flight mode, and re-format it, wiping everything, which will delete the games and the offline trophies stored on it, and your account from it - then reconnect your profile afterwards.

Just remember if you do that, to reconnect online, and sync your trophies at least once after formatting and re-connecting to your profile, but before playing anything else - otherwise you will get some “missing timestamp” trophies on the next game you play.

This^

You're stuck with those trophies unless you erase your profile afterwards.