Finished Act 1 early?

Damarcus_96_

Got the game for Xmas, played around 5-6 hours, loving the game!

So I defeated the first biome boss, then I defeated the second and earned the grapple (which I then flew myself off a cliff by accident then restarted my cycle.)

So? I then head out but instead of going to the second biome again I end up going ahead and defeating Nemesis and started act 2 unintentionally (I haven't followed any guides). Have I messed up? Did I finish the first portion of the game early without visiting the other biome and some how miss any gadgets/abilities/collectibles or trophies?

Once you have unlocked biomes 2 and 3, you can basically skip to them by going through the portals in the first biome. You never have to face bosses 1 or 2 again unless you want to. They only give you an artifact after you've beaten it once. Once you beat a boss in a biome, I would advise to push through to the next biome so you can finish the story and get the rest of the trophies. Hopefully this helps. :) 

• Like 1

I am not sure if I follow - if you beat the first and the second bosses, then it's natural that even if you die and restart, you can skip the second biome and continue in biome 3 (where you fight Nemesis). So your progression looks normal and you haven't accidentally skipped anything. Once in Act 2 (biome 4), you can still return to biomes 1 & 2 (though more likely you will go ahead and finish biomes 4 / 5 / 6 first).

My problem was after I defeated boss 2 I had so little health that when I died off the cliff my cycle started, I was planning on going back but got side tracked and ended up defeating the Nemesis, just wasn't sure if any progress had been missed as I never returned to biome 2, but it seems like I haven't missed anything which is a relief haha

no you are fine. every boss you defeat grants you a checkpoint to go to the next biome. after the first boss you go to biome 2. if you die in biome 2 you can skip biome 1. if you die in biome three you can skip both 1 and 2 if you find the portal in 1 (usually early on in your run). after nemesis, you get to another biome where you basically start over in the next 3 biomes and do the same thing again to continue the story.

• Like 1