Vestegial tasks

steel6burgh

I'm having  a problem in the 3rd two areas with the robots not ever giving me the tasks to complete.  They have in the past but the last 6 or so times none of them ever do.   Does anybody know if it's just rare for them to do so or is something wrong like some sort of glitch or something?  I thought they would offer a task every time but all they ever do is talk about menders and stuff.  Any advice about this would be appreciated.

They just keep repeating something about vaporizing the menders and humans etc.  At this rate the chances of me having the upgraded jump shoes and the trick master the same time the stupid robot tells me to do a 2160 are going to be about a billion to one if they never offer up any missions.

Edited by steel6burgh

On 1/4/2022 at 11:21 AM, steel6burgh said:

I'm having  a problem in the 3rd two areas with the robots not ever giving me the tasks to complete.  They have in the past but the last 6 or so times none of them ever do.   Does anybody know if it's just rare for them to do so or is something wrong like some sort of glitch or something?  I thought they would offer a task every time but all they ever do is talk about menders and stuff.  Any advice about this would be appreciated.

They just keep repeating something about vaporizing the menders and humans etc.  At this rate the chances of me having the upgraded jump shoes and the trick master the same time the stupid robot tells me to do a 2160 are going to be about a billion to one if they never offer up any missions.

First of all, are you sure you're finding the correct robot? The robots that give the tasks in the third world are always on an island with four pink crystals, and there's always another robot on the same island selling three items. If you're having trouble getting the task you want (keep a note of the tasks completed, particularly for the first two worlds), use the save backup trick detailed in the trophy guide, works a treat. 

As for the 2160, you don't need either of those items. There's almost always a jump pad right next to the robot that gives the task; if it gives the 2160 jump task, simply use this jump pad travelling towards the robot, and whilst in the air, spin the right analog stick in either a clockwise or anticlockwise motion to get 2160. If it's a big jump, you can get well beyond 2160 with relative ease with this method and it will register as complete as you land near the robot. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

First of all, are you sure you're finding the correct robot? The robots that give the tasks in the third world are always on an island with four pink crystals, and there's always another robot on the same island selling three items. If you're having trouble getting the task you want (keep a note of the tasks completed, particularly for the first two worlds), use the save backup trick detailed in the trophy guide, works a treat. 

As for the 2160, you don't need either of those items. There's almost always a jump pad right next to the robot that gives the task; if it gives the 2160 jump task, simply use this jump pad travelling towards the robot, and whilst in the air, spin the right analog stick in either a clockwise or anticlockwise motion to get 2160. If it's a big jump, you can get well beyond 2160 with relative ease with this method and it will register as complete as you land near the robot. 

It wasn't the correct robot you're right.  Still though it's been very rare that the island with the 4 pink crystals is spawning in.  Bad RNG I guess.  anyway thanks for the advice I will try your method for getting the 2160 with the jump pad.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

It wasn't the correct robot you're right.  Still though it's been very rare that the island with the 4 pink crystals is spawning in.  Bad RNG I guess.  anyway thanks for the advice I will try your method for getting the 2160 with the jump pad.  

No problem, glad to help! Yeah the RNG in this game is an absolute joke, wait til you get to completing the Tome of the Ancients! ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

No problem, glad to help! Yeah the RNG in this game is an absolute joke, wait til you get to completing the Tome of the Ancients! 1f635.png

yeah the tome is coming along but i'm sure those last ten or so things that need unlocked are going to be a nightmare,  anyway to follow up the jump pad 2160 worked like a charm, made it so much easier than having to have the shoes and trickster artifact!  good call!

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 11:23 PM, coldhardcrash_ said:

. s for the 2160, you don't need either of those items. There's almost always a jump pad right next to the robot that gives the task; if it gives the 2160 jump task, simply use this jump pad travelling towards the robot, and whilst in the air, spin the right analog stick in either a clockwise or anticlockwise motion to get 2160. If it's a big jump, you can get well beyond 2160 with relative ease with this method and it will register as complete as you land near the robot. 

On 1/6/2022 at 0:40 PM, steel6burgh said:

anyway to follow up the jump pad 2160 worked like a charm, made it so much easier than having to have the shoes and trickster artifact!  good call!

Im glad to hear this method is effective, I had no idea! I plan to add it to the guide and will give due credit, if that's okay @coldhardcrash_

This is way easier than trying to get both the necessary items, the RNG on this game is rough ? Good luck with the Tome @steel6burgh

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Im glad to hear this method is effective, I had no idea! I plan to add it to the guide and will give due credit, if that's okay @coldhardcrash_

This is way easier than trying to get both the necessary items, the RNG on this game is rough 1f605.png Good luck with the Tome @steel6burgh

Of course man! :) Yeah it's definitely a huge time saver and makes easy work of an otherwise very annoying task. Came across it by accident when I spun the right analog stick when using the jump pad for fun to see what would happen! ?

And indeed, good luck with the rest of the Tome @steel6burgh, I did close to 50 partial runs in the first world to try to get the Skull Face/Warhead Mutation Shot and the Daburu Gyaruga to spawn (the DG one never did show up for me). Mind numbing stuff, completely saps any fun working towards the Nerd trophy. Luckily, the trophy seems to pop with one item short in the Tome (316/317 items). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

This is way easier than trying to get both the necessary items, the RNG on this game is rough 1f605.png Good luck with the Tome @steel6burgh

Thanks @jDubLuvsTrophies  you know the only thing i'm missing form the tome is the damn hardwood boss fight and a couple items like one of the retro spaceships.  How in the hell you go 50 plus runs and don't get hardwood?  Do you know if you have to beat him or just fight him once because I wasn't really paying attention but i did die a few times to a tree boss battle and I never die to barkley so i'm wondering if perhaps I fought hardwood but it didn't count because I died?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Thanks @jDubLuvsTrophies  you know the only thing i'm missing form the tome is the damn hardwood boss fight and a couple items like one of the retro spaceships.  How in the hell you go 50 plus runs and don't get hardwood?  Do you know if you have to beat him or just fight him once because I wasn't really paying attention but i did die a few times to a tree boss battle and I never die to barkley so i'm wondering if perhaps I fought hardwood but it didn't count because I died?

Ugh yeahhh, you're not the first person to say they were struggling with finding bosses ? I had problems myself with finding the last one I needed. That's def possible you may have seen him, I can't say for sure if you actually need to kill them for it to count! He should be one of the boss options for 2-2, which unfortunately enough means you need to play through that far each time for a chance at him ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

Ugh yeahhh, you're not the first person to say they were struggling with finding bosses 1f630.png I had problems myself with finding the last one I needed. That's def possible you may have seen him, I can't say for sure if you actually need to kill them for it to count! He should be one of the boss options for 2-2, which unfortunately enough means you need to play through that far each time for a chance at him 1f616.png

yeah unfortunately I won't be able to give you any conformation on that but If i were guessing i'd say you got to actually win the fight because I'm pretty sure I saw the name hardwood pop up and I do think I died. I won't be taking any chances because if it was him i've only seen him once so he's going down if I see him again.  But anyway as always I appreciate you taking the time to offer your advice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

yeah unfortunately I won't be able to give you any conformation on that but If i were guessing i'd say you got to actually win the fight because I'm pretty sure I saw the name hardwood pop up and I do think I died. I won't be taking any chances because if it was him i've only seen him once so he's going down if I see him again.  But anyway as always I appreciate you taking the time to offer your advice.

Ha yeah, I don't blame you man... Knock his ass out!! ? Glad to help out my man and don't hesitate to reach out to me if anything else comes up. Hopefully the guide has been helpful to you overall!

• Like 1

So another question to throw out to everyone.  Unfortunately for me my last two items are a shot and the mutation the shot provides so i'm gonna have to get everything.   I need the sand gills and dungeons crab is required.  My question is can I use devolution?  Reason i'm asking is because it actually gives you the leveled up spring jump for the dungeons crab and i'm wondering if that will keep the sand gils shot mutation from dropping?  I've tried using devolution and it would be the way to go except i keep getting shot mutations for all the other endo mutations I start with besides the dungeons crab which makes me question if it's even possible if you start with dungeons crab maxed out.  Pretty tricky.  Sick of trying to get dungeons crab legit way with no quirks been at it forever.  

Edit: so to answer my own question you can get the sand gills mutation shot with devolution active.  I will say you need to stock up on key cards early and hope for caves in 1-2 or 2-1.  At least 10 runs i lost the Crab mutation before getting past the 1-2.  Sometimes in 1-2 the chest will drop the requires 3 key cards and it was always a shot mutation for me.   The shot mutations definitely have a higher drop rate inside of the caves. The Sand gills finally dropped from a enemy inside the cave.  Good luck!  

Edited by steel6burgh