What effects companions?

Thomas2400

Missions have started to get harder on my own and I'm wondering what effects the companions, is it power level? there actual level? the amount of skills they have?

I really struggled through sight unseen elite, it seemed like the companions where barely doing anything and it was mostly me running away from taskmaster and getting in hits when I could making the fight take a really long time and I can only imagine there are harder missions to come 

I was using Ms Marvel at level 35 and power level 126, maybe my character is to low but that doesn't explain the inaction of the companions 

AI power level is scaled to your own. So if you have a level 1 Black Panther and go into a PL 140 area with your PL 150 Thor they'll be scaled up to 150 just like you.

AI attack variety is based on what you directly have unlocked on them and equipped on them. If you give Hulk the mastery on Thunderclap that causes gamma radiation to form then whenever you're not playing him he still has that.

Keep in mind that if you use builds that require you to do certain actions to make the most of the character (Like takedown builds using Boston Brawler on Captain America for instance) the AI won't use it properly and doesn't really understand how it functions. Same deal if you have a build that relies on applying some sort of elemental debuff, they typically do not use the attack enough to ever apply it in time. Thor also loves to refuse to throw his hammer as an AI, I don't know what's up with him. Hulk will regularly use small debris to throw but almost never touches large debris. Kamala will also chase you down to the ends of the earth to heal you so if you need a good medic during solo then she's the best choice due to having two uses of it and it healing over time for about 7 seconds.