What is the remedy to collectible glitches?

Long-Ryde

I was playing through the game using a visual guide, good one linked here. & noticed that I couldn't find one of the (already obscure looking) collectibles, I read in a trophy guide that it's a "nasty glitch" and you can only get it by reloading a save or restarting since chapter reloads apparently won't work. (BTW has anyone had the same experience with this?)

I restarted a playthrough, no collectible. I've reloaded the new manual save that I made a few times, no collectible. I was wondering if it's a matter of chance that the collectible won't glitch -- meaning maybe if I keep reloading my save it'll eventually work?

I'm like an hour in so I don't really want to replay the whole part 1 a third time ?

52 minutes ago, Long-Ryde said:

I was playing through the game using a visual guide, good one linked here. & noticed that I couldn't find one of the (already obscure looking) collectibles, I read in a trophy guide that it's a "nasty glitch" and you can only get it by reloading a save or restarting since chapter reloads apparently won't work. (BTW has anyone had the same experience with this?)

I restarted a playthrough, no collectible. I've reloaded the new manual save that I made a few times, no collectible. I was wondering if it's a matter of chance that the collectible won't glitch -- meaning maybe if I keep reloading my save it'll eventually work?

I'm like an hour in so I don't really want to replay the whole part 1 a third time 1f62c.png

Sometimes the save file backup reload works but other times it apparently doesn't, thus your only option will be to delete everything and start over :(.

The same thing happened to me, some collectible in one of the tunnels didn't appear for me even after reloading a backup. I think this has something to do with interacting with the cat in the trenches (as the Canadian guy) but I'm not entirely sure what I did differently when I was finally able to get it to work.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Re that glitched Sniper and Watcher 1/2 collectible. It just wouldn't spawn for me though I tried replaying the chapter, or starting from the previous chapter or starting from the beginning of the part 1. Then I stumbled onto this comment: https://steamcommunity.com/app/735580/discussions/0/1643167006284444495/#c1636418037477740408 and as it conjectures the cat is the key. For that collectible to spawn you have to take the optional picture of the cat as it's about to jump into that well early in the chapter. I haven't tried to make a scientific experiment, replaying that chapter with and without doing that, but after countless replays that I would, obviously, speed-run to get to the collectible and so wouldn't take that cat picture, it spawned on the replay with the picture taken.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 3:59 PM, MsVelvet said:

Glitches aside this was a damn good game. The story was excellent. I do hope u can get past this n complete the game as it is worth the playthrough. 

Holy lord definitely. I have a brand new appreciation for all of those brave gentlemen and war in general and the toll it takes, the depth of it all. Absolutely fantastic and I loved the art-style.

On 5/3/2022 at 3:18 PM, khyimpa said:

Re that glitched Sniper and Watcher 1/2 collectible. It just wouldn't spawn for me though I tried replaying the chapter, or starting from the previous chapter or starting from the beginning of the part 1. Then I stumbled onto this comment: https://steamcommunity.com/app/735580/discussions/0/1643167006284444495/#c1636418037477740408 and as it conjectures the cat is the key. For that collectible to spawn you have to take the optional picture of the cat as it's about to jump into that well early in the chapter. I haven't tried to make a scientific experiment, replaying that chapter with and without doing that, but after countless replays that I would, obviously, speed-run to get to the collectible and so wouldn't take that cat picture, it spawned on the replay with the picture taken.

Yeah I just restarted and tried following the 'trueachievements' guide at that portion of the game to the T, and it eventually spawned. Just took a few tries. I definitely always interacted with the cat, but maybe never "properly" whatever that means.