Dying light 2 combat compared to the first game?

UlvenFenrir

Having watched some early gameplay footage on youtube around an hour long i started to notice after comparing it to the first game that the combat in my opinion doesnt look nearly as good or impactful. Im not saying its a sign of downgrade, it could just be a choice that techland made to dying light 2s combat but to me i liked the realistic combat in the first game and how the zombies reacted to your weapons.

Dying light 2 while im excited to play it, im also cautiously going in with no expectations. All in all, it looks like they improved alot of things but some aspects of the sequel, especially like i said, the combat looks just okay. 

Any similar thoughts on the combat?

15 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Having watched some early gameplay footage on youtube around an hour long i started to notice after comparing it to the first game that the combat in my opinion doesnt look nearly as good or impactful.

I just looked up a video to see the combat for myself and I can see your point, the combat looks quicker than I remember from DL1 but the hits on the zombies look "spongey."  I agree with you in that I liked how slow/realistic the combat was in DL1 because it made me feel really tuned in to the stamina bar and added to the sense of panic when you are surrounded by a bunch of zombies

Here's to hoping it's still fun!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Having watched some early gameplay footage on youtube around an hour long i started to notice after comparing it to the first game that the combat in my opinion doesnt look nearly as good or impactful. Im not saying its a sign of downgrade, it could just be a choice that techland made to dying light 2s combat but to me i liked the realistic combat in the first game and how the zombies reacted to your weapons.

Dying light 2 while im excited to play it, im also cautiously going in with no expectations. All in all, it looks like they improved alot of things but some aspects of the sequel, especially like i said, the combat looks just okay. 

Any similar thoughts on the combat?

I also agree, but I’m hoping with the new movement mechanics (wallrunning and swinging from ropes) that it might add to the combat experience. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SP71Q said:

I also agree, but I’m hoping with the new movement mechanics (wallrunning and swinging from ropes) that it might add to the combat experience. 

17 minutes ago, Studfox said:

I just looked up a video to see the combat for myself and I can see your point, the combat looks quicker than I remember from DL1 but the hits on the zombies look "spongey."  I agree with you in that I liked how slow/realistic the combat was in DL1 because it made me feel really tuned in to the stamina bar and added to the sense of panic when you are surrounded by a bunch of zombies

Here's to hoping it's still fun!

Yeah condemned was also a game that focused heavily on melee combat kinda like dying light 1. Shame its not like that in the sequel in the same way but hard to tell just by watching how good it will actually be.

• Like 2