Sony confirms PS3 software maintenance for next Tuesday

Wade_VC

Sony has confirmed via the official EU PlayStation forums that it will be running software maintenance for a number of first-party PlayStation 3 titles next Tuesday.

The downtime will kick off at 6 a.m. GMT until midday on Tuesday, November 15. During this time, the following games and related websites will not be available:

PlayStation Home

Buzz

MotorStorm.com

WipEout HD

In addition, DanceStar Party, SingStar, Killzone 3, SOCOM: Confrontation and SOCOM: FTB3 will “suffer reduced capacity,” though should still be available.

Sony noted that additional downtime may occur later on to allow for further testing.

Any Idea what there doing to there games?

Fark I tell you what there hasn't been a decent firmware update in ages when they gonna do one of them?

No idea whatsoever buddy. Before I posted that, I searched around to try and find out what, exactly, they were doing or tweaking/fixing, whatever, and found nothing. I would assume it is some sort of server-based updates/upgrades though.

In regards to a decent Firmware upgrade, I have read a few places that one may be out around Christmas time, but these are rumors and nothing official as of yet.

No idea whatsoever buddy. Before I posted that, I searched around to try and find out what, exactly, they were doing or tweaking/fixing, whatever, and found nothing. I would assume it is some sort of server-based updates/upgrades though.

In regards to a decent Firmware upgrade, I have read a few places that one may be out around Christmas time, but these are rumors and nothing official as of yet.

Ok thanks for that mate let's hope those rumors are true.