Services Exploit

Arron147

Anybody have any success with using the exploit from the first game to spawn at the last station to complete the services quicker? 

I'm spawning in and waiting but nothing ever arrives. Don't want to keep trying to complete them this way if it doesn't work any more. 

Edited by Arron147

So it seems like it does work however the trains don't turn up on time. Latest one I've seen so far is 7 minutes later than expected. I'm working on the Long Island Railroad services and after taking over the train at the final station, my counter for completed services increases and gives me the bronze medal. Unsure of it counting for trophies as Im not at a point of unlocking them yet. Will update further when I get to that point

24 minutes ago, Arron147 said:

So it seems like it does work however the trains don't turn up on time. Latest one I've seen so far is 7 minutes later than expected. I'm working on the Long Island Railroad services and after taking over the train at the final station, my counter for completed services increases and gives me the bronze medal. Unsure of it counting for trophies as Im not at a point of unlocking them yet. Will update further when I get to that point

I used this method in the first game and it unlocked service related trophies so in theory it should work with the second game ☺️

Yes, from me working through services today, it does look to be working. I'm gaining xp and levels on the trains and unlocking medals. 

The only thing that's a bit different is that the trains don't turn up on time. Averaging 2-4 mins later than expected. 

Update: Can now confirm the exploit does in fact still work as I achieved the trophies for 10 & 50 services as well as completing the 70 services for Long Island Rail Road among others for miscellaneous stuff.

Edited by Arron147
Update added

• 1 month later...
On 25/03/2022 at 8:35 PM, mabba18 said:

Do you have a link or could you describe how this glitch works?

Basically all you have to do is load into a service, check which is the last station for that service and look what time that train is due. Quit out and load up free roam on foot at that station and at the closest time before it arrives, and just wait at the platform. When the train eventually arrives, quickly jump into the drivers seat and let the passenger boarding finish. The service will end and it will count as a completed service. I'm not sure if you need to get in the seat before the passenger boarding finishes but if you follow the front of the train, you can quickly open the door and run in. 

You won't earn gold medals or distance driven so you will still have to do a lot of driving on the trains to get those trophies but it cuts it down a bit not having to do as many full services. 

• Like 2

Another good thing about this exploit is that, even though you're only completing the very last boarding task, you still end up getting a couple thousand xp (unlike in the first game where you only get a couple hundred xp) so this is also a good way to get the xp needed to get those route level 20 trophies.

11 hours ago, deaf_swap004 said:

Another good thing about this exploit is that, even though you're only completing the very last boarding task, you still end up getting a couple thousand xp (unlike in the first game where you only get a couple hundred xp) so this is also a good way to get the xp needed to get those route level 20 trophies.

To optimize your described strategy its best to choose a route with many stations.

Its not about the length of a route its about the stations.

2 minutes ago, Fanatico1981 said:

To optimize your described strategy its best to choose a route with many stations.

Its not about the length of a route its about the stations.

Yeah when I said 'length' I meant the amount of stations in the service. I should of made that clearer, sorry ?

On 2022-03-27 at 5:21 PM, Arron147 said:

You won't earn gold medals or distance driven so you will still have to do a lot of driving on the trains to get those trophies but it cuts it down a bit not having to do as many full services. 

Thanks!

Only focused on the Platinum for the main game. The Distance and Journey Chapter trophies are the real grind, but this might come in handy for some route trophies.

20 hours ago, mabba18 said:

Thanks!

Only focused on the Platinum for the main game. The Distance and Journey Chapter trophies are the real grind, but this might come in handy for some route trophies.

The distance is not very hard, but time consuming.

A good idea would be to use the scenario planner and build a quite long route.

Now just start the train on the lowest driving level and save.

Let the train run and it will colide at the final destination or pass a red light.

Every distance that was driven under the speed limit will count.

After the end, just load the save again.