For anyone who’s struggling on getting 20 catches in one game, there is a useful “Double Catch Glitch” that I used to easily get my 20 after about 20 minutes of trying it solo. Here’s how I did it:

1. Try moving both characters into each other (like in Racing to drive over the potholes)

2. When both characters are in each other, catch the ball. If you’ve done it correctly, that catch will register as two catches.

3. Rinse and repeat as best as you can until you reach 20 catches.

I managed to reach 22 catches before I dropped a ball by using this glitch. However, the balls will still pick up in speed for obvious reasons. I hope this glitch helps everyone else and good luck!

This has always been the case with all the breakthrough baseball games.  I don’t think it is a glitch per se.  Since they are both in position to catch, each gets credit.

But I don’t think it helps as by #10 or so, it starts to go really fast anyway so catching with two is not really easy.  No reaction time to move both controllers UNLESS you have a second player to move it.

Double-catching can speed it up slightly getting through the first 10 points (needing fewer catches) but at that point, then you are in the same spot anyway having to do the fast ones.

32 minutes ago, djb5f said:

This has always been the case with all the breakthrough baseball games.  I don’t think it is a glitch per se.  Since they are both in position to catch, each gets credit.

But I don’t think it helps as by #10 or so, it starts to go really fast anyway so catching with two is not really easy.  No reaction time to move both controllers UNLESS you have a second player to move it.

Double-catching can speed it up slightly getting through the first 10 points (needing fewer catches) but at that point, then you are in the same spot anyway having to do the fast ones.

Yeah, I noticed that as I was doing the double catch. Moving two controllers by myself ain’t easy and I hope this is the last time they would make us do this. I like the challenge, but it then gets annoying after a while ??‍♂️