Songs considered cleared if you die near the end.

r2rokid

Just a heads up!

it appears there's a glitch in the game where if you die near the end (when the yellow line is already visible), simply choose to restart the song and you'll be transported to the next stage while unlocking the respective song's trophy.

This should allow you to cheese each song. Simply mash the buttons (especially in the Davy Jones song) and focus on the ones closest to breaking your shield.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A little tricky to get it on video, but basically, if the end marker appears and you accidentally get a game-over, choosing to restart the level inadvertently sends you to the next level instead while considering the song you played previously as cleared.

Hypothetically, here's an example (Images don't match but this is just to illustrate it).

If the end marker already appears...

bFUwt6r.png

...then, you failed, you will be taken to the Game Over screen.

hEtXxCf.png

If you select restart, you will proceed to the next stage instead and unlock the trophy for clearing the song you just failed.

That's how I accidentally got both the "Die 10 times" and beat "Cruising Speed" trophies at the same time. I accidentally failed Cruising Speed (which was my 10th death) but then the glitch counted it as a clear so I ended up "clearing" Cruising speed once it sent me to the next level after choosing to restart the song supposedly.

Edited by r2rokid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

There's another glitch for clearing songs, but not sure how to reliably reproduce it.

Occasionally the game will hang and drop frames, if you lose during one of these hangs then you don't get a game over screen. The song continues from where you lost, your score is reset but you still have 0 shield. Then if you lose again and just sit on the game over screen, after a minute or two the song will clear and you'll get the trophy.

7FYt695.jpeg