PS5 to PS4 AutoPop

CDNF_Rogers

4 minutes ago, CDNF_Rogers said:

Hi, I've seen many examples of PS4 to PS5 trophy autopop, but i was wondering if it can go either way? for example i got the platinum for COD Vanguard on PS5, if i downloaded the ps4 version can i get the platinum again?

If a game has server-side saves, it’s possible the developers can make trophies earned on PS5 auto pop on PS4. 

Also, if developers specifically program in a way for a PS4 version to read a local PS5 save, it’s possible for them to auto-pop. 

It’s on a game by game basis. 

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Also, if developers specifically program in a way for a PS4 version to read a local PS5 save, it’s possible for them to auto-pop.

This one is not possible and most likely will never be. Only PS5 game can do this (read both PS5 and PS4 save).

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If a game has server-side saves, it’s possible the developers can make trophies earned on PS5 auto pop on PS4. 

It’s on a game by game basis. 

okay, thanks for the information

2 minutes ago, HusKy said:

This one is not possible and most likely will never be. Only PS5 game can do this (read both PS5 and PS4 save).

ah right, thanks for the heads up