Auto Leveling to 99

iamthedotcom

It is a bit scummy, but I found that I could auto grind levels without having to be by my PS4. It does require a controller with turbo options, but could be modified to just clicking the L1 button randomly if you don't like auto/turbo controllers. 

The Process: 

• Be approximately level 70 and have access to the Ghost Ship Extreme. 
  • Set your party as Jaster, Zegram, and Kisala. Set your leader to Zegram. Thanks to DesertClaw3008 for the tip. 
  • Get to floor 30 and defeat the boss. 
  • Either store or sell every non equipped item in your inventory. 
  • Go to the store on floor 30 and buy max healing items (except for Tri-Heal and Resurrection, those you will want about 15 of each). 
  • Set your teammates to "Go All Out."
  • Turn off all of Jaster's skills except for Supernova. Turn off all of Kisala's skills except for her strongest AoE. Thanks to DesertClaw3008 for testing Supernova.  
  • Jump into the middle of the boss room on the ground floor.
  • Tape down the left stick/d-pad and set the L1 button to turbo (if you don't have a turbo controller, you will need to periodically tap L1 manually). 
  • Check back every 3-6 hours depending on your team's level. 

The Reason: 

• This is an amazing game in every way. I had a blast. However, I was done with everything by level 72 and had no desire to grind out 27 levels with no other secondary goals. 
  • I sell all my items because they aren't necessary at this stage of the game and if you max out on an item while away from your console, it throws you into the menu and doesn't keep grinding. 
  • I don't recommend maxing out on Tri-Heal or Resurrection potions because the enemies drop those consistently enough that they will likely max out before the team uses them all. 
  • I checked my console every four hours or so, just to save the game. When I started at level 72 I checked every couple of hours just because I didn't know if it would work. 
  • Setting your team to go all out allows them to use heals, AP recharge items, and even resurrect automatically. 
  • Limiting skills and taping down L1 allows your teammates to cast their best skills automatically. 

I realize this is a niche game and probably doesn't get a ton of new players, but I thought I would share anyway. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Edited by iamthedotcom
Added tips from DesertClaw3008.
  • Like 3

So you let your two party members do the work in battles ? Setting them to 'Go All Out' will allow them to heal themselves with items but the player still needs to interact for them to use abilities. 
Also if the player controlled character were to get downed then the game would pause. 
Edit: Hang on, I see. They still can suggest items while in 'Go All out', they will suggest things such as Strength Stars. 
Another thought, if you have Supernova Llv3. Have a party with Jaster, Kisala, Zegram. Take control of Kisala or Zegram. Set Jaster to only use Supernova. 
Supernova is the strongest AoE in the game and would be the fastest way to beat encounters. 
I assume you checked this but enemies with shields, barriers and jump up types would be an issue. 

Edited by DesertClaw3008
Forgot to add in something
  • Like 1

If only this effected how powerful the team mates are by themselves..... I had no trouble while my main character was in the party everyone was super powered but every time for whatever reason they had to fight solo suddenly they was declawed kittens against a grizzly gorilla bear and nothing much you can do to make them singularly powerful so the final boss is rough as sandpaper toilet paper after a ghost pepper eating contest

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DesertClaw3008 said:

So you let your two party members do the work in battles ? Setting them to 'Go All Out' will allow them to heal themselves with items but the player still needs to interact for them to use abilities. 
Also if the player controlled character were to get downed then the game would pause. 
Edit: Hang on, I see. They still can suggest items while in 'Go All out', they will suggest things such as Strength Stars. 
Another thought, if you have Supernova Llv3. Have a party with Jaster, Kisala, Zegram. Take control of Kisala or Zegram. Set Jaster to only use Supernova. 
Supernova is the strongest AoE in the game and would be the fastest way to beat encounters. 
I assume you checked this but enemies with shields, barriers and jump up types would be an issue. 

Yep, I let the two characters I wasn't controlling do the work. The trick is that you can turn off every ability except the one you want them to use. I found that Steve and Jupis had very strong level three attacks that could wipe out the enemies with one or two attacks. That is why I taped down the L1 button on turbo. Everything they suggest Jaster would "agree" to let them do. I tried to make Jaster use Supernova by controlling Kisala. Unfortunately, even after turning off all of Jaster's abilities except Supernova, I couldn't get him to suggest it. I don't know why, but maybe the AI doesn't typically suggest group attacks. I also could have been doing something wrong as I was testing out different things at that point.  

Floor 30 of the Ghost Ship has no shield or barrier enemies, so no worries from there. 

I will mention that my characters had their best weapons at this point, the ones with the 314 strength stats. I went from level 72 to 99 in about 15 in game hours. Those 15 hours took about 20 minutes total in real world time since I would save and check healing items every 3 to 4 hours. The rest of the time I was playing a game on my other PS4. 

On 04/03/2022 at 0:55 PM, iamthedotcom said:

Yep, I let the two characters I wasn't controlling do the work. The trick is that you can turn off every ability except the one you want them to use. I found that Steve and Jupis had very strong level three attacks that could wipe out the enemies with one or two attacks. That is why I taped down the L1 button on turbo. Everything they suggest Jaster would "agree" to let them do. I tried to make Jaster use Supernova by controlling Kisala. Unfortunately, even after turning off all of Jaster's abilities except Supernova, I couldn't get him to suggest it. I don't know why, but maybe the AI doesn't typically suggest group attacks. I also could have been doing something wrong as I was testing out different things at that point.  

Floor 30 of the Ghost Ship has no shield or barrier enemies, so no worries from there. 

I will mention that my characters had their best weapons at this point, the ones with the 314 strength stats. I went from level 72 to 99 in about 15 in game hours. Those 15 hours took about 20 minutes total in real world time since I would save and check healing items every 3 to 4 hours. The rest of the time I was playing a game on my other PS4. 

Whatever works I suppose. That's strange that Jaster wouldn't suggest Supernova. Zegram was in the party as well ?  I might go and test it myself
Overall, this is a pretty neat trick. I often forget you can change which abilites are suggested. 
I did it the regular way and I went beyond the trophy. I got everyone to level 99. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DesertClaw3008 said:

Whatever works I suppose. That's strange that Jaster wouldn't suggest Supernova. Zegram was in the party as well ?  I might go and test it myself
Overall, this is a pretty neat trick. I often forget you can change which abilites are suggested. 
I did it the regular way and I went beyond the trophy. I got everyone to level 99. 

I get it. I really loved this game. If it had a modern UI, this might be one of my all time favorites. Switching weapons for certain enemies and some improvements to how the menu works and I'd be in JRPG heaven. If you are able to get Jaster to get Supernova working, let me know. That would shorten auto leveling significantly. 

I love this game and I was somewhat disappointed with the trophy. It could of asked you to do much more than it did. 
I'll mess around with it and see if I can get Supernova to work. 

On 03/03/2022 at 5:02 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

If only this effected how powerful the team mates are by themselves..... I had no trouble while my main character was in the party everyone was super powered but every time for whatever reason they had to fight solo suddenly they was declawed kittens against a grizzly gorilla bear and nothing much you can do to make them singularly powerful so the final boss is rough as sandpaper toilet paper after a ghost pepper eating contest

I honestly found it fine, as long as the character has a decent weapon. Jupis doesn't get any weapon buff abilites but you could just use Aromatic Boost, Strength Stars and Brave Symbols to boost damage. For Kisala, Steve and Simon you could just spam AoE abilities if you have them. For Zegram and Lilika, they have access to buff skills so you could do something like Strength Star + Brave Symbol + Warrior God Cry/Drunken Burst + Blast Arrow/Fire Sword or Twin Sword. For Deego, you can use Top Dog + Strength Star + Brave Symbol. Jaster doesn't have acess to any skills in his fight so just use Strength Stars and Brave Symbols and use 1 hit air combos for an easier fight. Buffs are very powerful and stack, they give a huge boost in attack power. 

Edited by DesertClaw3008

On 06/03/2022 at 5:22 AM, iamthedotcom said:

I get it. I really loved this game. If it had a modern UI, this might be one of my all time favorites. Switching weapons for certain enemies and some improvements to how the menu works and I'd be in JRPG heaven. If you are able to get Jaster to get Supernova working, let me know. That would shorten auto leveling significantly. 

I was able to get the suggestion straight away. Image as proof: Supernova suggestion
Not sure what happened in your case, I'm playing PS4 PAL version but that shouldn't make a difference in this case. 
So since this works, it would be best to control Zegram since Kisala has better AoE abilities and hope Jaster suggests Supernova. 

I've done multiple battles and Jaster has always suggested it. However, I tried holding L1 the entire time and it did not activate any suggestions I would need to press the button again to activate them. 

31 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Level 95 onward was a nightmare, I almost ran out of podcasts to listen to.

I know that feeling. I did this back on the PS2 and I wasn't in the mood to do it all over again on PS4. I just wish that NG+ lets you carry over everything and scales the enemies to a higher level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dakk55 said:

I know that feeling. I did this back on the PS2 and I wasn't in the mood to do it all over again on PS4. I just wish that NG+ lets you carry over everything and scales the enemies to a higher level.

Definitely, this game really needed a New Game+ option since it has so much stuff to do, even farming Ghost Ship Extreme became mind numbing boring, I mean it's no Diablo 2 but for the love of God, I still play Rogue Galaxy from time to time but the level max ordeal never again.

On 3/11/2022 at 0:03 PM, DesertClaw3008 said:

I was able to get the suggestion straight away. Image as proof: Supernova suggestion
Not sure what happened in your case, I'm playing PS4 PAL version but that shouldn't make a difference in this case. 
So since this works, it would be best to control Zegram since Kisala has better AoE abilities and hope Jaster suggests Supernova. 

I've done multiple battles and Jaster has always suggested it. However, I tried holding L1 the entire time and it did not activate any suggestions I would need to press the button again to activate them. 

Wow.... I should have tested more. That would have saved so much time. I was rushing trying to set it up and probably just got unlucky a couple battles in a row without Jaster suggesting the move. Very nice find!!! I'm updating the top post with this information. 

Yeah, the biggest problem is L1. I was too lazy to tap L1, so I bought a turbo controller, set L1 as my hotkey, and taped it down and let it rip. It was cathartic to know it was auto grinding for me while I did other things. 

12 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

Wow.... I should have tested more. That would have saved so much time. I was rushing trying to set it up and probably just got unlucky a couple battles in a row without Jaster suggesting the move. Very nice find!!! I'm updating the top post with this information. 

Yeah, the biggest problem is L1. I was too lazy to tap L1, so I bought a turbo controller, set L1 as my hotkey, and taped it down and let it rip. It was cathartic to know it was auto grinding for me while I did other things. 

So it's only possible with a turbo controller then ? Still neat. 

But yeah I'm guessing you were lucky, also I'm not sure which of Kislas aoe is strongest but I may be able to find out