Autopop PS4/PS5?

Bagwell69

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

You weren't 'scammed'. Physical PS5 games only grant you access to the PS5 version. The only time you get both the PS4 and PS5 versions is if you buy the Physical PS4 version or the digital edition - Sony has an upgrade process, not a downgrade one.

The only exception I can think of is Hitman 3 - which came with a code that allowed you to activate and download the PS4 version because the PSVR mode is only in the PS4 version and not the PS5 one.

This. I often wonder how skewed perception of those things is on this site. "I wish I could autopop trophies from PS5 to PS4, I wish I got the PS4 version with PS5 version, I wish I could use PS5 save files on PS4" 

All those systems were implemented because Sony wants you to move to PS5 and wants the move to be painless for their 100m+ PS4 users. Why would they put anything there that would make people want to stay on the old console or even worse- go backwards? 

4 hours ago, F1rstinFlight said:

We’ll have to wait for Digital Foundry’s tech review to see whether this problem persists from the network test. From what I’ve read the PS5 is the best of all platforms to play on. 

I also booted up the PS5 version and there isn’t an option at all for any kind of save transfer. My hunch is there won’t be a way to transfer progress and so no autopop. 

DF have posted early impressions on Eurogamer and apparently, it performs just like how the network test did. 45-60 fps on performance mode in PS5. A tiny bit worse on Xbox, but similar for the most part. PS4 version through backward compatibility is a consistent 60 fps tho.

But yeah, kinda underwhelming that the performance is still like this.

• Like 2