How much do I get out of the free trial?

JakBrod

I have heard many people say that this game is great but I'm really hesitant to play it because of the subscription thing.

However a reviewer I watch a lot and trust says people should play the free trial cause it has hundreds of hours of content.

How much do i get out of the free trial? And is it worth trying?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 5:59 PM, mizzcreed said:

I would say go for it you get the base game and Heavensward for free. you can level all crafting, gathering classes to 60 and a few battles classes :) 

That's correct, you only get access to A Realm Reborn and Heavensward(up to Belsar's Wall and 2.55) for free, which means the content level cap is Level 60.

You can get levels up to 90... but extremely slowly as you won't get any high-end EXP(unless you spam MSQ Roulette) due to the more lucrative stuff being past Heavensward. Also, you are unable to pick up these jobs: Red Mage and Samurai(both need access to Stormblood content), Gunbreaker and Dancer(both require Shadowbringers content) and Sage and Reaper(both require Endwalker content). You only have 13 battle jobs, but that's over 50% of the jobs so you have plenty of variety:

• Three tanks (Warrior, Paladin, Dark Knight)
  • Three healers (White Mage, Scholar, Astrologian)
  • Seven DPS (Summoner, Bard, Ninja[need access to Gear Sets], Dragoon, Black Mage, Monk and Machinist)

If you can't find anything good to main in those jobs, you should not be playing this game because you NEED to get one of these to at least Level 50 at least to even access any extra jobs as all jobs after this require you to be at a certain level and have Stormblood or higher access. This is all you are sadly getting in the Free Trial.

However, you get access to all crafting and gathering jobs so you can get those to Level 80 using the Firmament, which is accessible in the Free Trial(need to complete the 3.3 story quests first). Also, you get access to eight beast tribe quest lines and the first two series of Hildebrand adventures, and who doesn't love Hildebrand? xD

I hope this helps you weight your decision. (Also, to note, I don't think you can get any trophies unlocked if you are on Free Trial.)