The Blood Choke Quest Glitch

RipvanX

This was the quest where you follow a red river, scale a waterfall, and fight a bunch of rebels and a fire claw at the top. After I did this it told me to “investigate the rebel camp.” I went and examined the small lure device in front of the dam of robots, then it had me examine a pile of scrap nearby. The next spot was on the ridge across from this were I read a note on a wooden plank. Then the final spot, which is the big crossbow turret on the ledge near the dam, won’t let me examine it.

I tried resetting the area by warping across the map and turning the game off but when I arrive it want’s me to re-examine the small lure via my focus but it won’t progress at all or let me examine the other spots anymore. I noticed the audio for the voices was muted which was odd and the npc that’s with you won’t move either and just stands near the crossbow turret. Not sure what to do at this point.

Hopefully I can just skip this quest but if this is required for the platinum it’s GG’s. (no pun intended for Guerrilla Games).

Edited by RipvanX

7 hours ago, RipvanX said:

Hopefully I can just skip this quest but if this is required for the platinum it’s GG’s. (no pun intended for Guerrilla Games).

It shouldn't complicate your platinum, this is a side quest with no direct reward in terms of trophies only impact would be if you were aiming at 100% the game (not the trophy list) and perhaps slightly different support character dialogue. I think the woman in charge of the settlement later has a line or two on the matter of you resolving the river pollution during the story cutscenes.

As far as the plat goes you're in the clear.

Side note - did you try pulling (ropecaster) the wooden beam stuck in the dead machine in the dam? It moves its leg and exposes the blow-y parts. Aloy will comment something about it as 'huh this could help / lets us blow it'. I did that before the giant ballista. Maybe it won't let you progress? Otherwise Aloy will get on the ballista and tell the NPC to pull the thing to expose the part so she can shoot it - maaaaybe you're missing that