Insanely Cheap & Easy Way To Beat The Vagary Bosses In Cavern Area 2 On Nightmare Difficulty

MrTacoNinja

First just let me say that these two bosses and all their little spider minions can go get FUCKED! This fight was soooooo frustrating and I just didn't know how I was going to get past it. I had no Soul Cube charge, no rockets, no gatling gun ammo. I couldn't get my BFG rounds off fast enough to make any difference and my health was at 1% so I was constantly getting one-shotted. My only hope was to somehow find a glitch to exploit and to my amazement I actually found one! Thank god because my Nightmare run likely would've ended.

When you get to the end of Caverns Area 2 you're going to have to fight TWO of these annoying Vagary assholes at once. But I guess that wasn't annoying enough for the developers so they decided to throw in those goddamn little spiders as well. If you're struggling as bad as I was have no fear, I'm here to show you a ridiculously cheap and incredibly easy way to kill every one of them without ever being hit once (because none of the enemies ever even attack you once you do this exploit I found). Please excuse all the red in the pictures. Like I said, my health was at 1% with no way to get health.

This will be your starting position once you get there: 

IMG-2360

STEP 1: Do you see those two crates to the right side of the picture and to the right of the staircase? Okay, good, because you'll be running towards that direction in a moment. But first, walk forward just enough to trigger the fight.

IMG-2359

STEP 2: Once the fight is triggered turn right and head towards the right side of those four vertical steel bars you see next to the two crates.

IMG-2358

STEP 3: Jump over the slanted steel pipe directly ahead (you basically want to jump through the middle of the two steel pipes that form a 60-degree angle).

IMG-2361

STEP 4: Once you've jumped over duck down. None of the enemies can get to you nor do they attack so enjoy picking them off one by one at no risk to you.  B)

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I actually used your strategy cheese both Vagaries in the PS3 version of the game.  Instead of going to the right, I actually went underneath the scaffolding to the left.  The Vagaries just ran around and tried swiping at me with their hands.  I tried killing one with the pistol, just to relieve the tension after a stressful campaign but she was able to swipe me after getting too close to the front of the bars.  After reloading the save, I just held back up against the wall as far as I could and took them out with the machine gun.  One Vagary actually ran away down the hallway so I had to come out of the cover and aggro her, but I just used the same trick and ran underneath the scaffolding to take her out easily.

Thanks for the tip!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tenike1 said:

I actually used your strategy cheese both Vagaries in the PS3 version of the game.  Instead of going to the right, I actually went underneath the scaffolding to the left.  The Vagaries just ran around and tried swiping at me with their hands.  I tried killing one with the pistol, just to relieve the tension after a stressful campaign but she was able to swipe me after getting too close to the front of the bars.  After reloading the save, I just held back up against the wall as far as I could and took them out with the machine gun.  One Vagary actually ran away down the hallway so I had to come out of the cover and aggro her, but I just used the same trick and ran underneath the scaffolding to take her out easily.

Thanks for the tip!

No problem amigo, glad I could help. With my method above not one single enemy even attacked me. Thank god because my Nightmare run would've definitely been over had I not discovered it.

• 3 months later...
On 3/5/2022 at 10:36 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

First just let me say that these two bosses and all their little spider minions can go get FUCKED! This fight was soooooo frustrating and I just didn't know how I was going to get past it. I had no Soul Cube charge, no rockets, no gatling gun ammo. I couldn't get my BFG rounds off fast enough to make any difference and my health was at 1% so I was constantly getting one-shotted. My only hope was to somehow find a glitch to exploit and to my amazement I actually found one! Thank god because my Nightmare run likely would've ended.

When you get to the end of Caverns Area 2 you're going to have to fight TWO of these annoying Vagary assholes at once. But I guess that wasn't annoying enough for the developers so they decided to throw in those goddamn little spiders as well. If you're struggling as bad as I was have no fear, I'm here to show you a ridiculously cheap and incredibly easy way to kill every one of them without ever being hit once (because none of the enemies ever even attack you once you do this exploit I found). Please excuse all the red in the pictures. Like I said, my health was at 1% with no way to get health.

This will be your starting position once you get there: 

IMG-2360

STEP 1: Do you see those two crates to the right side of the picture and to the right of the staircase? Okay, good, because you'll be running towards that direction in a moment. But first, walk forward just enough to trigger the fight.

IMG-2359

STEP 2: Once the fight is triggered turn right and head towards the right side of those four vertical steel bars you see next to the two crates.

IMG-2358

STEP 3: Jump over the slanted steel pipe directly ahead (you basically want to jump through the middle of the two steel pipes that form a 60-degree angle).

IMG-2361

STEP 4: Once you've jumped over duck down. None of the enemies can get to you nor do they attack so enjoy picking them off one by one at no risk to you.  B)

Do you still have the images?  I tried clicking on the links but the files were not found.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

Do you still have the images?  I tried clicking on the links but the files were not found.

Wow what the fuck! That Flickr trash ass website deleted my shit! I just checked and it's all gone. There's no way for me to recover them either. Those pictures were from March. They've all been deleted for a long time now from my phone and email. I apologize for this. I had no idea that website just likes to delete shit whenever the fuck it feels like it. 

• Like 1