Game crashes at events leading to a new car reward

captain_evil777

My GT 7 crashes every time there is an event leading to acquire a new car. After clearing a licence test on IA10, it crashed. After winning a world circuit with a new car as a reward, it crashed. Whenever I tried to purchase a new car, it crashed. Now I can’t even go back to the license center, it just crashed on that screen. Error code is CE-108255-1. I tried everything listed in https://computersluggish.com/game-room/playstation-5/fix-gran-turismo-7-error-ce1082551-ps5/ except for step 6 & 7 (as this  may take as long as 4 hours to rebuild the database). Any of you encountered this and know of a fix? It Friday and I really want to enjoy the game after a week of work. Now the game is unplayable.

Rebuilding the database will take seconds not hours, that website is clearly a generic template coded with ‘insert name here’ as none of that advice is specific to GT7.

I’ve been having repeated PS5 crashes since installing GT7 and it rebuilds the database each time, doesn’t take long although last night the game told me it was corrupt so I had to delete and reinstall.  I’m hoping all the problems are caused by GT7 rather than a failing PS5.

3 hours ago, captain_evil777 said:

My GT 7 crashes every time there is an event leading to acquire a new car. After clearing a licence test on IA10, it crashed. After winning a world circuit with a new car as a reward, it crashed. Whenever I tried to purchase a new car, it crashed. Now I can’t even go back to the license center, it just crashed on that screen. Error code is CE-108255-1. I tried everything listed in https://computersluggish.com/game-room/playstation-5/fix-gran-turismo-7-error-ce1082551-ps5/ except for step 6 & 7 (as this  may take as long as 4 hours to rebuild the database). Any of you encountered this and know of a fix? It Friday and I really want to enjoy the game after a week of work. Now the game is unplayable.

Didn't try an event that awards a car, but having multiple crashes trying to buy cars, any car..... Nice update PD  lol

EDIT: Yeap tested, one of the championships that awards a car, at the end after 3 races....crashed ........... Ridiculous

Edited by tomcat_csR

3 hours ago, MapleFace140 said:

Got this too. Reinstalling game now to see if it fixes

Does it fix? Now I can only do very selected events that don’t lead to a new car rewards. This sucks.

Even now when I play the daily roulette, I have to keep my fingers crossed such that I don’t win any new car. Duh..

Edited by captain_evil777

5 hours ago, captain_evil777 said:

Does it fix? Now I can only do very selected events that don’t lead to a new car rewards. This sucks.

Even now when I play the daily roulette, I have to keep my fingers crossed such that I don’t win any new car. Duh..

nope. I've tried reinstalling, PS4 version and PS5. Rebuilding database. No luck. There is an update on the 14th for server maintenance that will hopefully fix this if it doesn't fix it before.

Are you digital or disk version? I am using digital

Edited by MapleFace140

Also interesting, one roulette spin crashes game. Unlocked another for daily workout and it worked without issues.The roulette cards must be known to the game before you even spin if its something like a car or something that has to go to the servers if that makes sense.

For people that see this. If you are and aren't having the issue. Can you give some info.

Digital Version

Problem Started on PS5 version, but issue happens with PS4 version too.

Live in Canada (Thinking maybe server issue)

Am Finished with Cafe missions, issue first happened when working on missions and I unlocked a car in the "Moby Dick" section.

Edited by MapleFace140

5 hours ago, captain_evil777 said:

Digital PS5 version. First encountered when unlocking a car upon completing the license test IA10. From Singapore. 

More info.

Seems to be almost 100% server issue. As my game didn’t even get a new daily workout. Still showing progress from yesterday. Also doesn’t save any daily roulette spins. When booting up the game again, I get the same spin again and again available after each reboot, along with the roulette ticket that instantly crashes the game.

4 hours ago, MapleFace140 said:

More info.

Seems to be almost 100% server issue. As my game didn’t even get a new daily workout. Still showing progress from yesterday. Also doesn’t save any daily roulette spins. When booting up the game again, I get the same spin again and again available after each reboot, along with the roulette ticket that instantly crashes the game.

same error here. just completed all the golden national b licenses and when loading the reward screen it crashes. everytime i enter licenses it crashes again. anoying!

after testing a bit, it seems to be the reward system when winning a car. cant do any races where i win cars. crashes everytime. it all started when i did all the golden national b licenses.

Same issue here. Start happen after get the last gold license. I've got the km and collector points but the car was not unlocked. I can't buy cars either, used cars, or legendary cars or brand central. Nothing. It seems to be related to getting new cars.

Same issue here. Start happen after get the last gold license. I've got the km and collector points but the car was not unlocked. I can't buy cars either, used cars, or legendary cars or brand central. Nothing. It seems to be related to getting new cars.

Edit: Seems that developers have noted this and plan to solve in future update. https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_8730173.html

Same issue here, got Bronze on IA-10 and did "Turn Off PS5" so i could come back later and get Gold (without exiting the license menu and claiming my car)

Now when I try to enter the license center it crashes

edit: just tried re-installing, didn't help

Edited by DuckReconMajor

3 hours ago, javcastro3 said:

Edit: Seems that developers have noted this and plan to solve in future update. https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_8730173.html

Great to hear. Was waiting for a notice as they’ve been good with talking about updates.

it sucks, but at least they know about it now. All we can do is wait, hopfully it’s a easier fix. Even if it means redoing some license tests or missions.

On 3/12/2022 at 2:49 AM, MapleFace140 said:

nope. I've tried reinstalling, PS4 version and PS5. Rebuilding database. No luck. There is an update on the 14th for server maintenance that will hopefully fix this if it doesn't fix it before.

Are you digital or disk version? I am using digital

Are you sure there’ll be an update for GT7 tomorrow (the 14th)? How do you know this?

4 hours ago, ShelbyCobra824 said:

Are you sure there’ll be an update for GT7 tomorrow (the 14th)? How do you know this?

It was said it the online race plans getting added tomorrow. 

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_1703853.html

”Daily Races will start from Friday, 4 March on two channels, ‘Daily Race A’ and Daily Race B.’ ‘Daily Race C’ will start from Monday, 14 March following a game update.”

I can’t find it now, I assume it was actual in the game in the news section. Where it went into more notice where it said there will be a maintenance period as well.

Edited by MapleFace140

I feel that they should have at least 2 versions running consecutively, and allow players to roll back to the previous version if they encounter such bugs that make the game unplayable. As this is an online game running on their server, all the traditional ways of restoring the game, like deleting saved files or rebuilding database doesn’t work anymore. Lost a good weekend of gaming time on the GT.

PD has already listed this under known issues. let's hope they fix this soon.

Looks like winning cars on licences triggers this bug. completing menus, roulette or buying cars and i believe also winning cars from missions did not cause this problem for me, at least before doing licences. Did not try  any of that after the game crashed from the Licence reward.

Interesting about these crashes. I had my first crash yesterday. It gave me my credit and mileage. But stopped on that screen it wouldn't advance to the next race.

Only option was to shutdown and reboot the game. Thankfully the server noticed I was in a middle of a set of races a d allowed me to pick of where I left.