Elite Lair Explorer

OFFICER_OILDAB

Yesterday, while running lairs, I managed to unlock the Elite Lair Explorer trophy. This requires a player to complete a lair with only 3 players, which would in theory take a lot more coordination and planning, opposed to having the 2 extra players helping gathering bonuses/jewels. 

I did NOT start a lair with 3 players, so I may have discovered an easy way to obtain this trophy. While in a lobby with **4** players, we decided to start without a 5th, as we had waited for over 10 minutes. With 4 players, I was very careful with picking my bonuses/temtem/jewels, and yet it was still relatively harder with one less person (5 makes a full group). Towards the end of the gauntlet run, 1 of the 4 lost a battle, had no healthy temtem, and had to leave; This left just **3** of us at the very end. We all started the boss fight around the same time, and upon defeating him myself, I got the trophy!

So basically, I believe you could start a lair with 4 people, maybe even 5, and as long as the group is 3 at the end the trophy might pop for someone else as well. It might be difficult to find someone willingly to drop out, but this method might be incredibly easier than trying to do it with 3 from the start. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Yesterday, while running lairs, I managed to unlock the Elite Lair Explorer trophy. This requires a player to complete a lair with only 3 players, which would in theory take a lot more coordination and planning, opposed to having the 2 extra players helping gathering bonuses/jewels. 

I did NOT start a lair with 3 players, so I may have discovered an easy way to obtain this trophy. While in a lobby with **4** players, we decided to start without a 5th, as we had waited for over 10 minutes. With 4 players, I was very careful with picking my bonuses/temtem/jewels, and yet it was still relatively harder with one less person (5 makes a full group). Towards the end of the gauntlet run, 1 of the 4 lost a battle, had no healthy temtem, and had to leave; This left just **3** of us at the very end. We all started the boss fight around the same time, and upon defeating him myself, I got the trophy!

So basically, I believe you could start a lair with 4 people, maybe even 5, and as long as the group is 3 at the end the trophy might pop for someone else as well. It might be difficult to find someone willingly to drop out, but this method might be incredibly easier than trying to do it with 3 from the start. 

Thank you for the information. I was going to try it that way at some point, but now it's nice to know that it works that way too.

It still bothers me that I am missing two Tems D:

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Quick tip for anyone going for this trophy: 

I did many 3 player Lair runs to get myself and my two mates trough this achivement. 

Thus, I learned that other than the normal lairs, 3 player elite lairs won't reset the lanes for the entire day. 

Meaning if you start on a Tuesday, the lane will always keep the same (every Trainer has the same tems, every box gives the same items, every bonus keeps the same order etc.) 

You can easily write down some notes and adjust your decisions based on that, sometimes your lane will simply be fucked by just getting support tems. Id recommend switching the Lair in those cases. 

But keep in mind the Lair resets after each day as far as I can tell. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...