First playthrough on Survival?

Kiyan-13

Kinda confused about what difficulty to start with. So here are some questions:

1) Does completing the game on Casual difficulty unlocks Akumu?

Some sources say that Akumu unlocks if you simply complete the game, others say it unlocks only if you complete it on Survival.

2) If the answer to the first question is "yes", does completing the game on Akumu mode also unlocks Survival trophy? Do they stack? 

3) If the answer to both of the above questions is "yes", then why does the guide suggest to start on Survival? 

What's the point of playing on Survival? 

4) If "no", then how hard is Survival? And how hard would it be to complete the game without upgrades? 

Don't want to play the game more than 3 times, but I also don't want to ruin my first playthrough experience. If Survival difficulty is hard and I have to play it without upgrades it might be better to play 4 playthroughs. 

Edited by Kiyan-13

2 hours ago, gamercris066 said:

Casual doesn't unlock akumu, Playing survival will stack the Casual difficulty, Playing Casual will require another playthrough on Survival to unlock Akumu.

Are you sure?

Wiki and Google say "AKUMU is unlocked by completing the game once". I can also find threads where people say that they didn't unlock it by completing Casual, but it's really odd to have an inaccurate information on Wiki ?

4 hours ago, Kiyan-13 said:

Kinda confused about what difficulty to start with. So here are some questions:

1) Does completing the game on Casual difficulty unlocks Akumu?

Some sources say that Akumu unlocks if you simply complete the game, others say it unlocks only if you complete it on Survival.

2) If the answer to the first question is "yes", does completing the game on Akumu mode also unlocks Survival trophy? Do they stack? 

3) If the answer to both of the above questions is "yes", then why does the guide suggest to start on Survival? 

What's the point of playing on Survival? 

4) If "no", then how hard is Survival? And how hard would it be to complete the game without upgrades? 

Don't want to play the game more than 3 times, but I also don't want to ruin my first playthrough experience. If Survival difficulty is hard and I have to play it without upgrades it might be better to play 4 playthroughs. 

1.)As far as I know Survival is required to unlock Nightmare and Akuma mode/s.

Ive only ever done a casual difficulty run during my speed-run/Collectible/Clean up playtru.(Have 1000k on Xbox and platinum /100% on ps4)

2.)I’d imagine it does , but it hardly matters cus you will most likely want to do your 1st run on survival anyways(more on that later)

But Clearing Akuma does unlock both Nightmare and Akuma trophies.

3.)The point of clearing survival 1st is to improve your general skill level at the game(and it’s required to unlock Akuma most likely anyways)

Going from easy to very hard would be quite the jump in difficulty but going from normal to very hard much less so(even less of a jump if you do survival+No upgrades 1st)

4.)Based on my own personal experience, doing a survival run with no upgrades 1st playtru(on both Xbox and ps4) wasn’t the hardest thing ever, it’s a pretty tuff game starting out(it’s just how the game was designed)

Once you learn all the roles your main weapons fall into, learn the level layouts, core enemies/bosses patterns and the little tricks to get over on said enemies.

The game becomes very manageable.

Its still challenging truout but nothing even close to impossible, and doing a no upgrades run 1st is basically like doing a light nightmare run, witch to me only prepares you better for your Akuma run.

So id do it tbh, it’s a harder experience but your learn and improve much better at the game in the long term.

• Like 2

My first playthrough was survival no upgrades and it was hard

My second playthrough was akumu 100% and compared to no upgrade survival it was easy. But I also knew the game better.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/13/2022 at 1:51 AM, phoenix_shade said:

im doing a survival first play and it's been pretty hard. 

The first playthrough is always the ĥardest, but once you begin Platinuming the various stacks the game just becomes an Action game. There are no randomly generated jumpscares.