Don't bother trying on PS5

Eagles_Numba_One

They fixed the issue with saving on PS5, but it still doesn't work well. I had the game crash multiple times on me during the playthrough. I had the limiters glitch where I was struggling to get through a section with limiters on, so I chose the option to retry without limiters and it didn't take them off no matter how many times I tried. Then the cherry on top, I was halfway through the new game plus playthrough on my way to platinum, the game crashed and corrupted my whole save file. I did not have a cloud backup so all my work is gone. Made me really salty. I love supergiant games, but this is the worst running game they have made. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 25/03/2022 at 6:31 PM, Eagles_Numba_One said:

They fixed the issue with saving on PS5, but it still doesn't work well. I had the game crash multiple times on me during the playthrough. I had the limiters glitch where I was struggling to get through a section with limiters on, so I chose the option to retry without limiters and it didn't take them off no matter how many times I tried. Then the cherry on top, I was halfway through the new game plus playthrough on my way to platinum, the game crashed and corrupted my whole save file. I did not have a cloud backup so all my work is gone. Made me really salty. I love supergiant games, but this is the worst running game they have made. 

Wish I checked out the guides and forums before I started playing. Was going along nicely on ps5 until a few minutes ago. Up to then I’d only really had the game crash a couple of times and not many other issues.

but I too was coming up to halfway point on new game plus playthrough. I went to enter a back door area to get to the tests and the game crashed. When I reloaded I also got the dreaded message that save data was corrupted. I also made no back up saves to cloud. I too am now left feeling salty as I know I’m not going to restart all over again. 

Such a shame. Was really enjoying this game. To my mind this is much better than hades. But it’s all been tarnished (ER is everywhere it seems) now by this corruption.

As the original post states, ps5 players beware. Make back up saves to cloud.....

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...