Why is this platinum so rare?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's pretty simple:

The singleplayer campaign of this game can be the played with a normal controller. So a lot of casual players probably got the game and played the normal singleplayer campaign. 

But for the platinum you need PS move controllers (it's technically also possible with a normal controller but I imagine it's a pain in the ass). Most people don't have a move setup, so they might try those modes with the normal controller and quit them instantly because it plays like shit. 

This explains why the game has quite a lot game owners. 

Well and then there is the huge online grind on top of it. Which explains the low number of platinum achievers. 

And the combination of many game owners and few platinum achievers results in the rarity. 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 26.06.2022 at 5:35 PM, Sinthoras_96 said:

It's pretty simple:

The singleplayer campaign of this game can be the played with a normal controller. So a lot of casual players probably got the game and played the normal singleplayer campaign. 

But for the platinum you need PS move controllers (it's technically also possible with a normal controller but I imagine it's a pain in the ass). Most people don't have a move setup, so they might try those modes with the normal controller and quit them instantly because it plays like shit. 

This explains why the game has quite a lot game owners. 

Well and then there is the huge online grind on top of it. Which explains the low number of platinum achievers. 

And the combination of many game owners and few platinum achievers results in the rarity. 

I did arcade and sentry with move, but tried a few times to play with dualshock. I wouldn't stick to ds3 even if someone would have paid me, it was just so uncomfortable. 

• Like 2