Do not play dauntless on a ps4

Ich1994-1994

So I play the PS4 version of the game because it was already in my list and I want to up my completion. On ps5 it runs fine and is quiet enjoyable. On PS4…..matchmaking times are very long and loading times of course too. I also get kicked often and regularly get the message „anti cheat authentification timed out“. After that it sometime require multiple restarts of the console to get back into the game. Right now I seem to have a bad phase and managed to play for about 5min within the last hour.

I only tried on PS4 pro btw. Don’t want to imagine it on base ps4

-I frequently play the PS4 version, was just a few hours ago. This sounds more like an issue with either the game or your connection.

-Matchmaking times, depending on what you're queuing for, are always a bit on the long side on console, since you're limited on the available user pool. If you want the fastest matchmaking play the PC/Epic client version.

-Anti-cheat has issues on console, but the timed out is due to either the game lagging (which happens frequently enough on all versions) or your system not having enough free space. It's not included in the install size, but the app downloads itself like a patch update when you first run the game, so it can over tax your HD if you don't have low space.

-Multiple restarts sounds like a connection issue or the game just had an event/maintenance/patch update. If you've had this issue in the last couple days, a holiday event just started and it's had six micro-patches so far.

-Phasing is related to player pool, so you might just be playing during off-hours.

The main performance issues relate to the PS5 update. Lots of the graphical options were forced as default for the PS4 version as well, so start the game and go through your graphical settings to downgrade to something more suitable. I'm using an OG PS4 and didn't have to do this.

• Like 1

I do play the PS4 version at my place on a ps5 with horrible internet and it works fine

on PS4 pro I play at my girlfriends place with very good internet and encounters these problems. Anyway the graphic setting might be a good thing to try. As I switch between the 2 consoles and psplus transfers my safefile I might be using ps5 settings while playing on the PS4 pro. Thanks for that input I will try this

i btw did have the issues last weak already on the PS4 so I don’t think it’s the event

edit: were do I find the graphic settings? In the normal settings I can only do very basic stuff like brightness

Edited by Ich1994-1994

Savefile transfer isn't strictly necessary for this game as it's all online. Your profile is saved server side. The on-console save is mostly specific settings and security checks by Anti-Cheat.

Dauntless can be a really glitchy game at times, so grain of salt on everything.

I'm actually not sure where the graphics settings are on console, since everything is handled through the Epic client on PC. I've never touched them on console....

11 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Savefile transfer isn't strictly necessary for this game as it's all online. Your profile is saved server side. The on-console save is mostly specific settings and security checks by Anti-Cheat.

Dauntless can be a really glitchy game at times, so grain of salt on everything.

I'm actually not sure where the graphics settings are on console, since everything is handled through the Epic client on PC. I've never touched them on console....

I know but as I am switching between places and consoles I have it set up so that my safe gets transferred automatically

i cannot find any further graphic setting. I will probably just stop playing the game on PS4 

Edited by Ich1994-1994

2 hours ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

i cannot find any further graphic setting. I will probably just stop playing the game on PS4 

Yeah, probably the best option in this case if the PS4 version isn't working out for you. Thankfully Dauntless has a number of thing it can be played on.