My personal complement to the guide (Plat in 20hrs, 4/10)

damcrac5

• 1 month later...

I will definitely try to follow your tips. I can see that you can make it much easier. Thank you.

The last time I played it was 2013 on PS3, but now I care about Platinum. A great game, like Last Guardian, it will be a pleasant comeback. And I hope that the PS4 version will surprise me with graphic improvements.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 5:42 AM, Kessarath said:

I will definitely try to follow your tips. I can see that you can make it much easier. Thank you.

The last time I played it was 2013 on PS3, but now I care about Platinum. A great game, like Last Guardian, it will be a pleasant comeback. And I hope that the PS4 version will surprise me with graphic improvements.

First off, very impressive profile.  Great games, and obviously great completion percentage.

I haven't played the PS3 version, but the ps4 wasn't anything amazing, but I felt that they were appropriate to the feel of the game.  With these work arounds, I highly recommend bumping this up your priority list.  Simple, fast-ish plat on a great game.

• Like 1

On 18.05.2022 at 7:55 PM, damcrac5 said:

First off, very impressive profile.  Great games, and obviously great completion percentage. (...) I highly recommend bumping this up your priority list.  Simple, fast-ish plat on a great game.

Thank you very much. When I got back to playing about two years ago, I decided to spend more time in every game I choose to play ... and test my patience. :-)

I like this form of completing trophies, although sometimes they are very demanding.

And SotC goes to the top of the "next-game to play" list!

Regards

• Like 1

On 06/04/2022 at 10:47 PM, damcrac5 said:

I wanted to share my experience for anyone that has had interest in this game that may have been turned off by the 40 hour completion time, or the 6/10 difficulty.  This is not an attempt to discredit the guide's author, but more as a complement that helped me in my playthrough in what I consider one of my most enjoyable gaming experiences to date.  Most of these are not my ideas, but wanted to combine all of them into a simple post.  

The aim is to make the plat as simple and quick as possible, so modify your playstyle as you see fit. Following these recommendations, I got the plat in ~20 hours and rate it a 4/10 (would've been lower if it didn't take me until my 3rd playthrough to master the controls).

Step 1: Play game on Normal. (Press Triangle during a fight after the last colossus for a trophy) - Selected normal as it will prepare you for what you will have during the normal time attacks (health/stamina/weapons).  Collecting fruit and/or lizards is completely up to you, but I thought that any improvements were not needed for normal difficulty at all(and you won't have access to those increases during time attack)

Step 2: After endgame credits, select continue.  Complete all 16 normal time attacks, but DO NOT collect the items from the pool when they appear, or at all until the next step.

Step 3: After beating the 16th time attack, quit to menu.  Select NG+, hard difficulty, original world, skip cinematic.  All items will still be in the pool, but will be the hard time attack versions. (The trophy requires you to have all the items, not that you have to beat the time attacks on hard)

Step 4: After picking up all the items, play through the story on Hard utilizing the Queen's Sword. (With the sword and not having to play the time attacks on hard, the game becomes more of a 3.5/10)

Step 5: Start NG+ on normal and replay the Time attacks, collecting the items as they appear in the pool.

Step 6: Clean-up.  I played on normal until the 8th colossus to knock out the two colossus specific trophies (3 and 8). Maybe an easy playthrough if you still need no-death(you can use cloud saves every couple of colossi if needed).  I followed this video guide on how to interact with a hawk (much easier than the powerpyx or ps5t videos).

Step 7: Farm Stamina/Health.  Speed-run the first two colossi to work towards maxing your stamina/health.  (Took me 19 runs of the first two colossi to max my stamina approx 2.5hours).  I was able to see if I was gaining stamina after killing a colossus by jumping on and holding onto the colossus after killing him before being teleported back to the temple.  This was important as my health bar was substantially behind my stamina bar. Farm via this video guide.

Step 8:  Once you know your stamina bar is full, use your time attack item showing fruit positions on the map to go pick fruit.  A single fruit seemed to reward as much as a colossus and some trees had up to 4 fruit in them with another tree in the near vicinity.

I know the controls can be a bit clunky (Just hold X and release when you want to jump, don't have to press it again), but the environment and music combined with battles with huge a huge colossus is so well done, that I hope this encourages more people to try the game without fears of it being a difficult plat.  Let me know if you had any other tips that might help people with the amazing game.

How do you feel this would translate to the ps3 version?  I do know trophy lists differ, but perhaps someone who has played both versions may have some input?  I have both versions of the game, but have (hidden) ps3 trophies already, but not started the ps4 version.  If the ps3 version can be made easier by somewhat following this method than i may just get back to it sooner than i expected!

1 hour ago, chiino82 said:

How do you feel this would translate to the ps3 version?  I do know trophy lists differ, but perhaps someone who has played both versions may have some input?  I have both versions of the game, but have (hidden) ps3 trophies already, but not started the ps4 version.  If the ps3 version can be made easier by somewhat following this method than i may just get back to it sooner than i expected!

I do not believe you can do the time trial exploit on PS3, sadly.  I also know that you have to collect every lizard and fruit individually with no way to track your progress.  Outside of that, I do not know what the differences are, but my list will definitely not work on ps3.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Brilliant post. Time and sanity saver. Thank you for putting these recommendations together. I wouldn’t want to deal with Phalanx and erratic Argo on hard time attack…

I had two colossi completed on normal time attack and the whistling arrow in my inventory when I saw it. 

If anyone wonders, deleting the game file concerned from a PS5 console via Saved Data (PS4) (using edit to ensure only the correct file is selected) and starting anew in NG+ works. I got rid of the whistling arrow and now have a Queen’s Sword and all hard time attack items. Hard playthrough is much easier. 

Edit: Hawk method with Argo does not require galloping. Trotting slowly in wide open spaces while standing on Argo requires little control and hawks will eventually take notice. A simultaneous hop and grab when one hawk inevitably flies by Wander’s head does it. 

Edited by onyxske
  • Like 1