Netflix

Ethan_Targaryen

So, when I first got my PS4 on Christmas morning I went into Netflix everything was working fine watched a couple shows turned it off and went on my way. Couple of weeks later I go to start Netflix and it gets hung up on the red Netflix screen, can't hold ps button on controller to exit or turn it off that way so I hold the reset button and turn it off that way. So I ignore it and go back to streaming on my PS3, well I tried it again earlier this week on my PS4 same problem. 

Anyone else having this problem? Or am I an island unto myself?

That's never happened to me, and I use Netflix on my PS4 daily. Maybe try deleting it from your harddrive and reinstalling it? That usually works for most things. 

I've already deleted it but I'm afraid to reinstall it and try again, just because of past experiences with technology and me not working out very well. 

I'm watching Top Gear right now from my PS4 and haven't had any issues with it at all so it looks like it may be something from your end. Have you tried resetting your router?

Parker

I would assume it isn't my router as it works fine on my PS3. Also, the Amazon Video application works fine on my PS4, only Netflix has acted up. 

I have had the same issue 1000%, I had my launch PS4 freezing daily. The image on the screen freezes and controller losses sync requiring hard powering off (holding the power for like 30 seconds). This happened all the time mostly revolving around Netflix (when loading the app or going into standby with the app running).

When I got my replacement back from Sony it froze the first day I turned it back on and tried launching Netflix. It has not froze since (2 days). I have no issues streaming Netflix on my PS3, iPhone, iPad or PC.

Edited by jasynergy

Hmm, well I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow morning probably as soon as they're opening their doors, cause I chatted with someone via their online chat and was basically told that it'd be easier to call them and everything they suggested I already had done. So if they want me to send it in to get fixed I'll just tell them thanks but no thanks, I'd rather keep my PS4 that is otherwise running fine and that I've always got my PS3, laptop, etc to watch Netflix on. I'll also end up telling them they need to reach out to Netflix and get this s*** sorted out and have a patch created or something because I'm sure there are others who are having problems as well. 

Well, got my problem resolved thanks to Sony Support via telephone. I was simply told to power on my PS4 and then hold the power button until I heard 2 beeps, then in safe mode to choose option 5. Rebuild Database and once that process was complete to reinstall Netflix. Needless to say it worked. 

• Like 2

Well, got my problem resolved thanks to Sony Support via telephone. I was simply told to power on my PS4 and then hold the power button until I heard 2 beeps, then in safe mode to choose option 5. Rebuild Database and once that process was complete to reinstall Netflix. Needless to say it worked. 

Good to hear you got it worked out, if I'm ever in the same situation I'll know how to fix it now.

Parker

• Like 1