time to platinum

100+ hours is highly likely for 100%. With a dedicated team of 4 you can cut that considerably. 

Difficulty is a solid 7 imo, although there is a fairly sharp learning curve 

I am still working on the guide, which will include a more specific time for the fastest possible completion. However it’s still some months away. 

Please ask here if you have any questions whatsoever, or feel free to PM me 

Edited by MrFudge
  • Like 1

Just now, MrFudge said:

100+ hours is highly likely for 100% 

I am still working on the guide, which will include a more specific time for the fastest possible completion. However it’s still some months away. 

thank you for the reply 100 hours isn't too bad i was afraid it was much longer than that at which point I would have probably passed.  Anyway we aren't playing it quite yet so i hope your guide is ready when we do, we will certainly use it!

5 minutes ago, MrFudge said:

100+ hours is highly likely for 100%. With a dedicated team of 4 you can cut that considerably. 

Is it possible to do it completely solo? It is the concern that I have always had regarding this game.

23 minutes ago, JorgeSleep said:

Is it possible to do it completely solo? It is the concern that I have always had regarding this game.

I've only played a few matches of it and I'd say probably not possible.  i played with bots on normal difficulty and they did ok but I can't imagine that would hold true deeper into the game and difficulty levels.  i read someplace it takes tons of coordination to play the and moving as a team and the bots move where and when they want to.

17 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

thank you for the reply 100 hours isn't too bad i was afraid it was much longer than that at which point I would have probably passed.  Anyway we aren't playing it quite yet so i hope your guide is ready when we do, we will certainly use it!

I just clarified the estimated time further in my original comment, since I was only thinking of solo players. Sounds like you have a team, which is very good news. 

I hope it’s ready too, however the simple truth is that I am working on it extremely slowly. I’m conscious of the fact that the longer I take the fewer people it will help, however if I were to force myself to work on it reluctantly I never would have undertaken the task in the first place. 

The good news is that 90% of the information is stored in my brain, so I’ll always be happy to answer any questions in as much depth as possible. If the guide isn’t up by the time you begin playing, I’ll still be here. 

There are also already some good tips in the ‘Guide in progress’ thread. 

16 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

Completely solo, whilst technically possible, would be an utter nightmare. Not only extremely difficult and far more time-consuming, but you’ll be pulling tufts out of your hair within minutes as the gormless AI blunders its way through the game. 

I’d say that up until Cataclysm, you can go solo with reasonable comfort provided you’re skilled enough. Beyond that point, some of the harder Cata missions - alongside certain miscellaneous trophies - become totally unreasonable. 

But it’s genuinely not necessary to put yourself through that. Even without use of this site/reddit, you can find players within the game to join, without need for a mic nor any prior organisation. A fair few trophy hunters - and a small number of high-level veterans - joined me when I was soloing the harder difficulties. 

If you ever need assistance with a particular mission I am also certain to have the game installed, so that’s another option. 

Btw @JorgeSleep @steel6burgh I should add that I did all of the hardest Cata missions with just one other real player - although he was admittedly both strong and experienced. My point being that whilst pure solo is untenable, you don’t need a full team for a chance at success. 

Edited by MrFudge
  • Like 2