First or Third?

Dreakon139

Views  

17 members have voted

1. 1. First Person View or Third Person View?

• First Person
    • Third Person

I personally much prefer playing games in third person. It feels more action packed lol. It also explains why I'm much more keen on games like Uncharted as opposed to games like Call Of Duty and Killzone.

It also helps that third person is much, much improved over previous iterations of Elder Scrolls. Holstering your weapons brings that camera in to an almost over-the-shoulder cam, and bringing your weapons out centers your body and the crosshair nicely so that you can easily see and aim at your surroundings.

Anyways, enough of that. Which do you play?

Definitely first person, third person just isn't suitable for a lot of battles, especially the harder battles. Timing your attacks and seeing when your enemy is about to attack or block is much better in first person. I only use third person when I'm travelling to admire my character.

Definitely first person, third person just isn't suitable for a lot of battles, especially the harder battles.

Maybe it's better as an archer or a magic user, though the crosshair is perfectly visible in third person, but for my warrior I think I'd have to disagree with this. Swords don't require the pinpoint precision (or if they do, I haven't noticed any problems aiming) and third person serves as a better vantage point for positioning yourself if fighting against more than one enemy. While the body can get in the way of seeing your opponents actions, it's really not enough to call it unsuitable.

Like I said, they did a pretty good job with the camera positioning in third person this time around. But that's just my take on it. :P

• 2 weeks later...